Rjc Boost Controler

84ttype-hotair

Hi put the boost controller on tonight and now i cant get the boost down its 18 19 pounds i like to run 16 or 17 any ideas? i back the rod back alot and still nothing it stays the same im sure its on the right way i think:)

I know it's supposed to start at 17lbs dialed all the way out, you might want to try loosening a little until it just comes apart a little, hold both ends though it's spring loaded, then turn in maybe 3/4-1 turn and lock it down. I don't know if you can "tune" the spring at all, perhaps Jason could chime in? I do love mine I must say, best money spent so far. Paul, AKA the fat guy:biggrin:

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I'm having the opposite problem. I started out with it screwed in about half way and was only getting about 12-13 lbs. I removed the locking nut and screwed it in all the way. 21-22 lbs is the max. I was hoping for at least 25 lbs. I found a link that described how to make the controller, so I made my own. As the link described, I drilled a .020 bleed hole. Should I enlarge the bleed hole to generate more boost or is there something I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.