RIP - Shawn "Saladbar" Salazar

Who Needs 8

Just thought I'd post this here because I'm sure some of you may know or have talked to Shawn in the past. He's been a very cool dude in the DFW racing community over the years.

Shawn Salazar died yesterday of a suspected heart attack. He was only 33 years old.

You may remember him in his '97 (or maybe '96) White Camaro a few years back. Most recently he has been racing his Chevy Trailblazer SS.

Shawn "Saladbar" Salazar
April 17, 1977 - November 24, 2009

I knew Shawn, I hadn't seen him in awhile. I have known him for several years. :( Our prayers go out to his family, he for sure be missed.

If you have any info on services please pass along, I would like to attend.

:eek::( I believe that we had casualy spoken on another "DFW..." forum in the past. That is way too young to go indeed.

There are talks about having a Cruise and Track day at a track on December 5th.

I'll update when I get more info.

I missed the cruise due to what appeared to be winter weather approaching and having to drive 200 miles in it. I made the DFWstangs X-mas party and we had a moment of silence for him which was very nice. I have met him a few times back when I was racing my Trans Am and he was one hell of a good guy. He will be missed by a LOT of people. 33 is WAY too young for something like that.