RIP Ronnie James Dio

one of my all time favorites. i still spin heaven and hell on a regular basis start to finish. bought all his albums as a kid and anything else he did.
holy diver still shows up on the many mixed discs i have.
his poetic stories of black magic have captivated my since the beginning.
RIP.

Dio w/Rainbow put out one of my favorite songs - Man on the Silver Mountain.

You're in a better place, Ronnie.

A sad day

It truly was a Black Sabbath yesterday!

I saw him twice in the last 2 years and he was just as good as he was 25 years ago.

I hear he was in the studio almost until the end. The man was all about the metal.

A sad sad day.

Born here in NH.
Man on the Silver Mountain.:cool:

Holy Diver....one of my top 3 favorite CD's of all time.

R.I.P. my friend:frown:

Man i hate getting bad news on a Monday morning...i wasn't at the house yesterday to find out...R.I.P Dio you will be missed.

I was wondering why they kept rocking out to Dio on CNBC this morning, then I read it in the local paper :(
I remember hearing the Holy Diver album for the first time back in middle school when it was released and still love it to this day. Saw him on the Last In Line Tour, then the Sacred Heart Tour, and many other times and even with Heaven and Hell last year...
I remember the huge dragons, spiders, and awesome laser light shows at his concerts back in the 80's unmatched by any other.

Favorite song of all time is Don't Talk To Strangers....RIP

So sad, one of metals legends is now truly a legend.

Attachments

• RIPDIO.jpg
    RIPDIO.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 174
Oh damn! I just now found about this.

RJD was an awesome vocalist! Always liked his music. He always had that hard edge to him. Very powerful vocals.

Damn Ronnie you will be missed....damn I think I'm going to go put in my RJD CD. :frown: