RIP Jim D'Alessandro

Stamos

For those of you who were around during the heydays of the Buick versus Mustang wars you might remember Jim D'Alessandro. His Buick was quite quick for the day. Well, I just found out that he passed away recently.

My father and I used to do side work for Jim's shop (Quarter Mile Performance) that was right down the street from Atco Raceway. Those were some good times.....Godspeed Jimmy.

http://www.afcfcare.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/364132
IMG_1577.png

I was one of Jim's customers back when he had his shop at Atco and even the previous shop before that. He was introduced to me by Fred Vetter (founder of Dynotech). At the time, he helped me run in the 11's when everyone was having a hard time running 12's.
Here's a picture of him working on his car at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.

My condolences to the family and RIP Jimmy. (y)

Claude.
Jim D'Allessandro.jpg

Last edited:
Wow....my thoughts are with his family and friends. I have been an avid follower of Jim for many years.

hello people; I know the name and never meet the man. I knew he had one hot TB.
RIP
IBBY

Saw that car run in Vegas a long time ago too. Very cold.

And he was way ahead of the crowd in his car. RIP

Jim took me for a ride in a 10 sec GN back in 1993. Nearly shit my pants. Got me hooked and he did the first upgrades to my car. He was a good guy. RIP Jim.

RIP Jim D
My condolences to his family.
I hate to see good people pass on before their time.

I read a lot about Jim. Always pushing limits. I have posted stories I uncovered about him many many years ago. One of the pioneers of turbo Buicks. He and Buddy were sneakin up on VERY fast. Fun stuff he did. RIP dude! God Speed!

I was one of Jim's customers back when he had his shop at Atco and even the previous shop before that. He was introduced to me by Fred Vetter (founder of Dynotech). At the time, he helped me run in the 11's when everyone was having a hard time running 12's.
Here's a picture of him working on his car at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.

My condolences to the family and RIP Jimmy. (y)

Claude.
View attachment 287103