Ring gap help builiding today. Need help ASAP!!!

Sixstringterror

I have the fed mog sealed power piston rings for stock bore. Part# E434K..Im having trouble with the expander ring. It wont even fit in the bore as it is and there are a green and pink block where the xpander ring butts together. My question is do I take those green and pink blocks off to bend back the expander ring for proper fit or not. I dont think I can bend them enough for it to fit without removing the two colored blocks. I also am getting .028 on top and bottom oil ring before any filling. Will that be ok. I saw in the specs on gnttype.com that .015-.055 on the oil ring is ok...My top ring I have measured on the first piston ive done is .018 and second is .024. Is that to much of a difference in between them...Thanks for the help in advance.....You guys rock.....Tim.....

I have the fed mog sealed power piston rings for stock bore. Part# E434K..Im having trouble with the expander ring. It wont even fit in the bore as it is and there are a green and pink block where the xpander ring butts together. My question is do I take those green and pink blocks off to bend back the expander ring for proper fit or not. I dont think I can bend them enough for it to fit without removing the two colored blocks. I also am getting .028 on top and bottom oil ring before any filling. Will that be ok. I saw in the specs on gnttype.com that .015-.055 on the oil ring is ok...My top ring I have measured on the first piston ive done is .018 and second is .024. Is that to much of a difference in between them...Thanks for the help in advance.....You guys rock.....Tim.....

You should not have to do that may be the wrong rings .I will have to look for the part number but don't bend them back that would not be good . 18 & 24 will be ok butt I like 16 & 18 .

rings

Chris, did you find out anything. I checked around and this seems to be the right set. Every other ring in the set is fine. If I order another set is there a set I should go with. What about the gapless I keep hearing about. I dont understand why you have to gap the gapless. Am I missing something here....Is there anybody that could help me.....Tia

Chris, did you find out anything. I checked around and this seems to be the right set. Every other ring in the set is fine. If I order another set is there a set I should go with. What about the gapless I keep hearing about. I dont understand why you have to gap the gapless. Am I missing something here....Is there anybody that could help me.....Tia

Gapless are a 2 ring setup with a stepped ring and a rail ring. Both need to be clearanced like any other ring.

Rings

Thanks Bison for the info...I still need help with my problem..Cant believe no one knows, the right people have just not chimmed in yet....Tim

As mentioned already you probably have a set of expanders that was improperly put in your set of rings. Those little plastic things are to make it easier to get the expander in place without it overlapping on the ends. There is no need to remove them. Some do remove them though. So ill say +1 on the wrong expanders

As mentioned already you probably have a set of expanders that was improperly put in your set of rings. Those little plastic things are to make it easier to get the expander in place without it overlapping on the ends. There is no need to remove them. Some do remove them though. So ill say +1 on the wrong expanders

I'll go + 2 on a mispackaged expander. I used those rings in my stock engine and no problems. Also, I left the little plastic blocks in. You shouldn't have to take those out.

rings

Thanks guys....That was the answer i was not looking for but, will order new set...Any brand I should get that is the best...Tim