Ridetech coil-overs

garrett

I'm trying to determine the appropriate spring rate needed for my car with the HQ ridetech coilovers. I know they have a calculator on their site, but it involves mocking up and installing a bunch of parts to determine the appropriate spring rate. I know that my car weighs 3450lbs, 3650 with me in it. I am not interested in all out race competition withthe car, I just want it to be alot more sporty than it is with the original coils/shocks. Has any one here purchased a set of the ridetech coil-overs for their Turbo Regal, and what spring rate did you choose?

I'm trying to determine the appropriate spring rate needed for my car with the HQ ridetech coilovers. I know they have a calculator on their site, but it involves mocking up and installing a bunch of parts to determine the appropriate spring rate. I know that my car weighs 3450lbs, 3650 with me in it. I am not interested in all out race competition withthe car, I just want it to be alot more sporty than it is with the original coils/shocks. Has any one here purchased a set of the ridetech coil-overs for their Turbo Regal, and what spring rate did you choose?
We sell these all the time, the weights of these cars are all pretty close unless it's a drag car and lightened up. The spring rates very from manufacture to manufacture so while one spring from say Ridetech might be 900lb spring don't mean they will be like that with say QA1's..

We have sold Many Ridetech coil overs and Never once did we have a wrong spring complaint!

Take a look at what Lance has done with his car on pro-touring (long thread, but the Ridetech part starts on Page 11):
http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/98063-Need-a-little-help-figuring-something-out/page11

He was able to get a 10" long 600 lb spring on his front ridetech coilovers. I rode along with him last weekend and the car is unbelievable. You won't need anymore spring rate than that unless you are road course racing it with track tires, and the analysis Ron Sutton has done with the front geometry changes justify it. With a stiffer spring, you'll have a ton of roll stiffness front and rear with a wet noodle chassis connecting them... of course, that's pretty much the case with any spring rate over stock.

Whatever scot spec'd for me was perfect. 1.45 short time at the track and a great ride/handling on the street.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Whatever scot spec'd for me was perfect. 1.45 short time at the track and a great ride/handling on the street.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Thanks Kid!

We try to take all the guess work out of it for people and make things as simple as possible. We get questioned all the time over spring rates for coil overs on these cars and that's pretty much due to looking at spring rates from other manufactures and seeing them all differ which can get confusing...

Garrett your Ridtech Single adjustable shocks should be there in a couple days! ;)

Thank You!

e
Garrett your Ridtech Single adjustable shocks should be there in a couple days! ;)

Thank You!
Thanks Scot, I can't wait. The chassis on my red car is the stiffest Turbo Regal I have ever had, and I've had a few. It should be nice with these front coil-overs. In the rear I am running the extra beefy "Cargo" springs, Metco upper and lower billet control arms, Southeast performance huge rear sway bar, girdled rear end, Edelbrock IAS shocks, and a long pinion snubber. Scot recommended the 750 lb springs:)

e
Thanks Scot, I can't wait. The chassis on my red car is the stiffest Turbo Regal I have ever had, and I've had a few. It should be nice with these front coil-overs. In the rear I am running the extra beefy "Cargo" springs, Metco upper and lower billet control arms, Southeast performance huge rear sway bar, girdled rear end, Edelbrock IAS shocks, and a long pinion snubber. Scot recommended the 750 lb springs:)
Got them last night, thanks Scot.