Richie Kibler Gets 2nd @ Shadyside

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Richie Kibler Gets 2nd @ Shadyside in the Limted Street Class.
It is 1/8 Mile Racing and he ran some 5.1X in qualifying.
I am not sure about his numbers in eliminations.

Congratulations to Richie for racing heads up against other combinations and doing so well!!!

Cool.. Maybe now he can get back from SC and work on my sh1t..

;);) That new setup is really a beast.

I saw him make a 5.19 pass on Sat.Also did a nice wheelie on a solo run Sunday.His dad is a super-nice guy.Always took the time to converse and answer questions.

Congrats to Richie!!

I also "heard" there were some cars there running 4.70's in his same class. What happened to them?

K.

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
Congrats to Richie!!

I also "heard" there were some cars there running 4.70's in his same class. What happened to them?

K.

The 4.70s were in Outlaw, nobody has gone that fast on the smaller tires!

Originally posted by 10SV6
You know what happened in outlaw John ?

Outlaw Jack Barfield took out Mike the Hitman Hill in the finals.

Congrats to Richie:cool:

FWIW, I think the fastest car in Limited Street is running 5.0h's maybe 4.90's.... Matter of fact I think I had a vid of the pass....

Keith Szabo (if I remember correctly) ran 4.90 last year at Huntsville at the 10.5 shootout.. This was on a true 10.5 in limited street..

:)

I was runner up in the race and number 2 qualifiying with a 5.196 and ran another 5.192 second round. In the finial round I had a .019 light with the old bulbs to his .026 light and ran a 5.23 in the left lane which was the first pass that day in that lane because it was so slick and darrin ran a 5.15 I beleive. I was ahead at hyalf track until he hit his THRID STAGE on that 698 inch BIG BLOCK, and he went by me he was running 149mph to my 138.

NO, know one has run faster than a 4.99 this year in this class and the two that did have over 600 inchs on three stages of NOS! Oh and by the way Darren was one of them that ran 2 4.99 at his last race so I would say he has the best car going right now in limited street trim, and I'm happy to be racing with him and he also raced in pure street last year with that same car and we know who had his number last year. ME!

So the Little motor is trying to hold its own. still running the little 88 turbo and it will only go to 28psi thats it no more. It was all about the car this past weekend because the track sucked.

The Outlaw boys were running 4.60's by the way.

Adam, all I had to do was tighten the clamps that you left loose! It is ready to go home with you now. And fix the broken wire on the fan.

Richie,

Are you going to try the 91MM again this year or maybe another turbo? Any chance there is more 1/4 mile racing in your future?

Originally posted by TURBOKID
by the way the video is up from the race at the rock last month I dont know how to put it up here but here is the link if this works right http://www.raceworks.com/video/rockingham/ try it and see.

Here is a direct link to the video Richie is talking about.....

http://206.61.16.155/_vid/rockingham/2004/civilwars1/ROCK-CivilWars-May2003.mpg

I had to right click save as and it took about 10 min to download, but it's well worth the wait.....

Richie's pass where he puts it on the bumper against the red Stang is the first thing you see on this vid!!!

AWESOME!!!:D :cool: :eek:

The 4.90 pass at Huntsville was back in November of 2003. Silver mustang, over 600 inches and alot of NOS..

At that race, the quickest pass was set at 4.99 then Szabo came up and destroyed it with a 4.90.. It was amazing..

Fastest 10.5 Outlaw was 4.67 at that race...

Congrats by the way.
:D

yes jonh the 91 is going on the car after the next race. I will try it out again and also will go back to the rock for some of those out the back door pass sometime this year.

If any of you meet my Dad yes he loves talking about the car and has a lot more time to talk at the track than I do. I have to many things going thru my head. He is why the car still has a v6 in it this year, or I would have been working on putting a V8 turbo in it now.but he is right the car is much more impressive with the 6 in it than if I was racing the class with a v8.

In the finial round I had a .019 light with the old bulbs to his .026 light and ran a 5.23 in the left lane which was the first pass that day in that lane because it was so slick and darrin ran a 5.15 I beleive

Sounds like the driver's a huge reason why that cars does so well going rounds. The cars performance is awesome and the driver's is right there with it. Great work.

y7ep Im lucky on the lights I guess;)
I like to think that when I need a good one I can get it done, and I needed everything I could get that day

yes jonh the 91 is going on the car after the next race. I will try it out again and also will go back to the rock for some of those out the back door pass sometime this year.

If any of you meet my Dad yes he loves talking about the car and has a lot more time to talk at the track than I do. I have to many things going thru my head. He is why the car still has a v6 in it this year, or I would have been working on putting a V8 turbo in it now.but he is right the car is much more impressive with the 6 in it than if I was racing the class with a v8.

Not many guys can say they have been so competitive and had such great success in HU racing with a V6 against all of those V8 boys (winning a class and even setting a record).... You can!!! You have done an awesome job with the car and as Paul said I think the driver has a LOT to do with the success and awesome performance of the car:) :cool:

Please, leave the V6 that is what makes that car the talk of all the race's. You are what makes all v8 owners and believers, to respect these little old v6's. BTW I really enjoyed watching you run on Sat.