Richard Clark bumper fillers?

DCVING 6

I remember seeing a thread somewhere on here that someone is making new bumper fillers that are supposed to flexible like the factory ones. I'm thinking it was Richard Clark heading the project??? Anyone remember the thread or have any info on the subject?

Yeah I remember because I am working with him on it:biggrin:....unfortunately it is behind schedule but believe me it is still in the works....I do not have a new time line but when I do I will let you know....sorry for the delay between my new job and the Buick show coming up we are both busier then we anticipated.

No huge rush here, just getting tired of trying to polish my foggy stockers.

I understand....but to be honest I thought it would go a little faster..:)

now that's a project that will done right by 2 guys who know their ****

What kind of material are they being made from?

It will be a RIM plastic material similar to original production…. only with twenty some years of material improvements to eliminate the currant issues you see in the original OEM parts…. (As an additional note I recommend that you save the original metal that backs the parts, as the current plan is only making the plastic parts not the back side brackets ….)

how about the rear fillers?

any info on if your going to do both front and back? i must have joined after you guys put posted that.

wow! Here is another item that will sell like hot cakes and put those crap glass ones out of business (thank god) that are out there. With you guys making them this will be a no brainier perfect part that fits as good as factory! I can't wait to see how they come out! :cool:

I remember seeing a thread somewhere on here that someone is making new bumper fillers that are supposed to flexible like the factory ones. I'm thinking it was Richard Clark heading the project??? Anyone remember the thread or have any info on the subject?

Why is Richard involved in this.... He has like a thousand oem sets at his place... :eek: :biggrin:

Seriously though... This is great news!! Will there be any prototypes available for the event next month?

K.

Why is Richard involved in this.... He has like a thousand oem sets at his place... :eek: :biggrin:

Seriously though... This is great news!! Will there be any prototypes available for the event next month?

K.

Sorry no prototypes at this time....

How much

I read this from a recent forum.....incase u guys wanted more answers i found this by RICHARD CLARK

(i just copied and pasted..++AGAIN NOT WRITTEN BY ME++,just trying to help members out a bit)

Rick hunt and I have been working on this project as we speak-------been working on it for a little while but it is a big project$$$--------repros are going to be better than the originals------will be done by a process known as RIM (reaction injection molding)-------the rim process produces parts that are dimensionally stable, wear resistant, physically tough and chemically stable-------they will not rot like the originals------they are paintable and FLEXIBLE so your fenders are protected in the event of a fender bender unlike if the fillers are made of fiberglass or ABS-------they will be one piece just like the originals-----this process is used to make bumpers etc on some cars-------to create the molds we are digitally scanning an actual car with a new set of original fillers-----then those files are smoothed to eliminate the distortions that are inherent in the original fillers------these will actually fit and look better than the originals yet be flexible-------this process allows for different wall thickness throughout the part so we can thicken the area where they attach so metal reinforcements aren't required like in the originals-------price will be a little more than aftermarket types that are presently available but less than the GM parts ended up being toward the end--------considering this is the last set you will ever need that will make them a bargain--------and they are going to start out black since all my cars are black (whats with the grey anyhow)---------our plan is to have them available in time for the Turbo Buick Nationals in March................RC