Rich Franklin destroyed!

TurboJohn said:
I want to see BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes again.

You'll probably see that for the #1 contendor spot after GSP dismantles Hughes next month.

JayC said:
Good question.. Ive always been a big Quinton Jackson fan but he's kind of fallen off the radar. I was happy to see Josh Barnett make a comeback after the UFC steroid scandal. I hate he wasted all that time in pro wrestling but at least he's back now. I'm a big fan of Sean Sherk's as well and was glad he finally won a world title last weekend. Sherk hasn't gotten the respect he deserved but he really was too small for WW and should be tough to handle at 155.

Rampage has just not been the same since Chute Box ran through him.
Not to try and get your goat but I thought he lost his WFA fight vs the Law as well. I wish he would come back to the fighter he was a couple years ago.
I wonder how many UFC only fans know what he did to Chuck???

JayC said:
You'll probably see that for the #1 contendor spot after GSP dismantles Hughes next month.

I wouldn't bank on that one. The only guy I have seen give Matt Hughes a run for his money is BJ Pen, its just a shame he has no cardio.

Looks like the next light heavy weight fight is Tito Vs Chuck. I would like to see either one of these UFC guys setup against Crocop. They will drop just like V. Silva.

John Wilde said:
Rampage has just not been the same since Chute Box ran through him.
Not to try and get your goat but I thought he lost his WFA fight vs the Law as well. I wish he would come back to the fighter he was a couple years ago.
I wonder how many UFC only fans know what he did to Chuck???

John, these UFC guys can't hang with Pride guys because they have longer rounds. Chuck just ran out of gas, and got his lights blown out.

ttypewhite said:
I wouldn't bank on that one. The only guy I have seen give Matt Hughes a run for his money is BJ Pen, its just a shame he has no cardio.

Looks like the next light heavy weight fight is Tito Vs Chuck. I would like to see either one of these UFC guys setup against Crocop. They will drop just like V. Silva.

Crocop is a Heavy Weight and usually comes in about 220-227 lbs.
I don't think he has 20lbs he could cut to make light heavy.
A more realistic but still not probable match up would be vs Tim Sylvia.
In a fight of course anyone could get lucky, but the odds would favor Mirko by a lot!

BTW I know Hughes is good, sometimes I just can not get over the "Country Breakfast"! LMAO

ttypewhite said:
John, these UFC guys can't hang with Pride guys because they have longer rounds. Chuck just ran out of gas, and got his lights blown out.

I don't want to start a Pride>UFC thread here.
I can see that all day on sherdog.com! :eek:

Hahaha.. Sherdog.. my second home.

I think GSP is going to go the distance with Hughes and a decision could go either way. I expect him to start fast and push his riddum on Hughes. We'll see if Country Breakfast can andle da riddum.

ttypewhite said:
Isn't Fedor fighting Coleman this weekend?

If you want to call it that.
Coleman is a tough guy but past his prime.
Unless Fedor is hurt, Mark will be.

JayC said:
Hahaha.. Sherdog.. my second home.

I think GSP is going to go the distance with Hughes and a decision could go either way. I expect him to start fast and push his riddum on Hughes. We'll see if Country Breakfast can andle da riddum.

Jay,

What is your name on sherdog?
I go by John Wilde =)

UFC 64 Fighter Salaries
Event took place on October 14, 2006 and aired on pay-per-view

Title Match & Main Event Fighters

-Anderson Silva: $50,000 (defeated Rich Franklin)

-Sean Sherk: $22,000 (defeated Kenny Florian)

-Rich Franklin: $21,000 (lost to Anderson Silva)

-Kenny Florian: $8,000 (lost to Sean Sherk)

Main Card Fighters

-Cheick Kongo: $20,000 (lost to Carmelo Marrero)

-Jon Fitch: $20,000 (defeated Kuniyoshi Hironaka)

-Spencer Fisher: $20,000 (defeated Dan Lauzon)

-Kuniyoshi Hironaka: $6,000 (lost to Jon Fitch)

-Carmelo Marrero: $6,000 (defeated Cheick Kongo)

-Dan Lauzon: $3,000 (lost to Spencer Fisher)

Preliminary Match Fighters

-Yushin Okami: $12,000 (defeated Kalib Starnes)

-Clay Guida: $6,000 (defeated Justin James)

-Kalib Starnes: $5,000 (lost to Yushin Okami)

-Kurt Pellegrino: $4,000 (defeated Junior Assuncao)

-Junior Assuncao: $3,000 (lost to Kurt Pellegrino)

-Justin James: $3,000 (lost to Clay Guida)

Disclosed Fighter Payroll for UFC 64: $209,000

Man.. Rich was fighting for peanuts and that was the last fight on his contract. He isnt going to have much negotiating leverage now :(

JayC said:
Man.. Rich was fighting for peanuts and that was the last fight on his contract. He isnt going to have much negotiating leverage now :(

The total fighters purse is less than Cro Cop's OWGP Bonus...LMAO

John Wilde said:
Jay,

What is your name on sherdog?
I go by John Wilde =)

Hahahaha.. it might be best if I didnt divulge that. Ive been a member over there for over 3 years tho.

JayC said:
Anderson's Jui-Jitsu sucks. Rich's mistake was he thought he could stand with Anderson and he couldn't. He should have taken him down and worked for a submission. I'm sure in the rematch he wont make that mistake.

Given that he trains with Jeremy Horn, who had already fought (and lost) to Anderson, Im surprised he didn't immediatley go for the takedown.

I wouldn't say his Jiu jitsu sucks. He is a black belt under Noguera. He just seldom has to showcase his ground skills.

I never knew you were such a big MMA fan Jay...

Grandnat said:
I wouldn't say his Jiu jitsu sucks. He is a black belt under Noguera. He just seldom has to showcase his ground skills.

I never knew you were such a big MMA fan Jay...

Wanderlai Silva is a BB also and his JJ sucks. I forget who he's under.. one of the Gracies I think. Seems like Helio Gracie had something to say about Wandy being awarded a BB also.

Did you see Silva get caught in that flying heel hook from Ryo Chonan? 2 of Silva's 4 losses have been from being submitted.

I'd wager he's probably better at NOT getting submitted than he is at actually submitting people but when you're crammed up against the cage getting your head caved in from elbows, avoiding submissions is the least of your worries.

He actually won 2 rounds too.. I thought he got robbed in that fight as they seemed to stand it up early when Sean got top control. The only other person to take Hughes to a decision since 2001 was Renato Verisimo and that was Hughes comeback fight from his loss to BJ Penn.

I dont think GSP will get caught this time. I could be wrong but I think he's ready. After watching him dominate Frank Trigg and Sean Sherk, I think he's going to do pretty well.

JayC said:
Wanderlai Silva is a BB also and his JJ sucks. I forget who he's under.. one of the Gracies I think. Seems like Helio Gracie had something to say about Wandy being awarded a BB also.

Did you see Silva get caught in that flying heel hook from Ryo Chonan? 2 of Silva's 4 losses have been from being submitted.

I'd wager he's probably better at NOT getting submitted than he is at actually submitting people but when you're crammed up against the cage getting your head caved in from elbows, avoiding submissions is the least of your worries.

First of all, that submission by Ryo Chonan was one of the slickest sumbmissions I have ever seen in pride. secondly I think Silva was winning that fight INCLUDING the ground work.

He has only been submitted twice in 21 fights, but has never been submitted as a blackbelt.

And as far as Wanderlei goes, he may not be the best blackbelt... and I have heard about the controversy after being awarded his blackbelt (I believe after the Yoshida fight), however I am SURE he is a legit blackbelt. He may never be a world champion BJJ player... but legit none the less.

Guess we'll have to see. I dont know if UFC has anyone at 185 that can beat him anyway.. Nate Marquart maybe.. David Terrel if he doesnt get a hang nail before the fight and pull out. Dean Lister would probably get KTFO.

They can always bring in Woogie to fight Anderson but I think that bridge has burned too many times plus I dont know what his status is with the IFL.