Rich Franklin destroyed!

just got pwned by knees to the ribs, couldn't get out of the clutch before it was too late and he couldn't breath. The a knee to the nose left the bottom half of it nose point right and the upper half of his nose pointing left.

It looked like franklin woke up this morning not ready to fight.

He just got outclassed. Anderson Silva is on another level striking wise.

Made my night to see Kenny Florian get dominated.

I think Rich is a great guy but I was pretty sure he was in trouble.
Lets see if Dana brings someone in to beat Tim next.
Now that this is over, we can enjoy the Pride Event next weekend.
I wish I could go!

PS: I am kidding sort of, I really enjoy both orgs.

It was that clintch that beat Franklin. I doubt they will see each other in the octagon again. Too bad cause Franklin is a sand up guy.

Just watched the fight..taped it last night. I hate to see Rich lose especially that quick.

Did ya'll see his nose? Man it was Bent!

I have alot of respect for Rich. He made no excuses, and lost with a great deal of class. A true fighter in my opinion. I wouldn't nessesarily say Anderson is the better fighter. I just think he was the smarter one that night, and he is another class act. Both men never trashed talked in the interviews before the fight and had lots of respect for each other in interviews after the fight.
But man, did Rich's nose look bent.

Anderson's Jui-Jitsu sucks. Rich's mistake was he thought he could stand with Anderson and he couldn't. He should have taken him down and worked for a submission. I'm sure in the rematch he wont make that mistake.

Given that he trains with Jeremy Horn, who had already fought (and lost) to Anderson, Im surprised he didn't immediatley go for the takedown.

John Wilde said:
I think Rich is a great guy but I was pretty sure he was in trouble.
Lets see if Dana brings someone in to beat Tim next.
Now that this is over, we can enjoy the Pride Event next weekend.
I wish I could go!

PS: I am kidding sort of, I really enjoy both orgs.

of course tim is going to loose it, he wear's it freaking everywhere he goes just cus sometimes he forgets he has it :D Funny how that training camp went into that fight with 2 belts and walked out with only 1. And soon tim's belt will be taken away as well, and their camp will be beltless.

Pride next week is going to be tight!! I can't wait.

That Pride card sucks for the most part. Not a lot on there to get excited about unless watching Randleman and Coleman get their heads beat in appeals to you.

Franklin isn't a member of MFS so technically, that camp still has only 2 belts. MFS and MeatTruck, Inc work together loosely along with Jeremy Horn's camp. I think the glue that brought all of them together was Billy Rush. He was training Rich and then he trained Jeremy for the Lidell fight and after that, Tim trained with him so I think Rush moves between those 3 camps.

Did anyone else notice how fat Tim looked last night? Im thinking he's going to come in right at the HW limit this time.. 20+ pounds over what he weighed in at last time.

I don't really see anyone taking Tim's belt in the UFC. Monson is too small and the reach advantage Tim has is going to be ridiculous.. probably a foot at least. People like to hate on Tim but other than Pride's elite HW's, I don't see anyone beating him. Maybe Brandon Vera after he dismantles Mir but he's about it. Ricco might could beat him but Ricco is so far out of shape, he wont ever made it back to the big show.

joeturbo231 said:
Who won the recently fought fight between Ken S. and Tito O.?
Details??

Tito again, pretty much looked like a replay of their last fight. First round referee stoppage at 70-something seconds I think.

joeturbo231 said:
Who won the recently fought fight between Ken S. and Tito O.?
Details??

Tito by GnP domination.

JayC said:
That Pride card sucks for the most part. Not a lot on there to get excited about unless watching Randleman and Coleman get their heads beat in appeals to you.

I am interested in the Nasty and Barnett and the Vitor and Henderson fights.
The other are a little two one sided IMO.
I will still however be excited to see Fedor and Shogun fight anyone.
What is up with the Hunt / Butterbean fight not being with MMA rules?
This card does not compare to the OWGP this year but it is easily better than any UFC card of late. If Mirko was able to fight I would have been there in a heart beat! It will be interesting to see what non Pride fighters will be in attendance. I can tell you the first Strikeforce event I went to had a lot of big boys. The crowd went totally crazy for Chuck Norris!

JayC said:
Tito by GnP domination.

Shamrock was taken down and did not do anything.
Tito mixed up some puches and elbows.
It is hard to gauge how good Tito is because Ken has been so bad as of late.
He was flash knocked out by Sakuraba who was a great fighter, but not known for his KO power.

John Wilde said:
I am interested in the Nasty and Barnett and the Vitor and Henderson fights.
The other are a little two one sided IMO.
I will still however be excited to see Fedor and Shogun fight anyone.
What is up with the Hunt / Butterbean fight not being with MMA rules?
This card does not compare to the OWGP this year but it is easily better than any UFC card of late. If Mirko was able to fight I would have been there in a heart beat! It will be interesting to see what non Pride fighters will be in attendance. I can tell you the first Strikeforce event I went to had a lot of big boys. The crowd went totally crazy for Chuck Norris!

Well, keep in mind that they have to compete under NSAC rules so there will be no knees on the ground, no soccor kicks and no foot stomps.

Barnett will dismantle Pawel and Vitor is well, Vitor.. everyone keeps clinging to hope that the old Vitor may show up.

The Lawler/Villasenor fight will be a war. The rest of the stuff is meh IMO.

JayC said:
Well, keep in mind that they have to compete under NSAC rules so there will be no knees on the ground, no soccor kicks and no foot stomps.

Barnett will dismantle Pawel and Vitor is well, Vitor.. everyone keeps clinging to hope that the old Vitor may show up.

The Lawler/Villasenor fight will be a war. The rest of the stuff is meh IMO.

Jay,

I am a little bummed about the rules but what can you do?
From my understanding there will be no elbows as well.

Who is your favorite fighter these days?

John Wilde said:
Jay,

I am a little bummed about the rules but what can you do?
From my understanding there will be no elbows as well.

Who is your favorite fighter these days?

Good question.. Ive always been a big Quinton Jackson fan but he's kind of fallen off the radar. I was happy to see Josh Barnett make a comeback after the UFC steroid scandal. I hate he wasted all that time in pro wrestling but at least he's back now. I'm a big fan of Sean Sherk's as well and was glad he finally won a world title last weekend. Sherk hasn't gotten the respect he deserved but he really was too small for WW and should be tough to handle at 155.

I can't see anybody beating Sherk anytime soon. Guillard's been doing well, but when Sherk takes him down it's all over. Guillard's too cocky, I look forward to watching him lose.