Reynolds...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Just got back.
Track had some rain on Wed, and the rubber had to be peeled off. [Water got under the rubber, and it bubbled up.]
Needless to say, 8 sec runs were hit/miss. Track needed considerable # of passes to deposit fresh rubber.
As the day went on, the track began to tighten up, and some 8's were seen.
Temps were in the mid 70's, lots of sun, little wind. More nice weather tomorrow. Hopefully, the car count will increase.

heard that jeff roddick went low 11,s with his sweet white t. with a leaking head gasket. and rico layed down some low 10 sec passes.

I first off want to thank everyone at the reace track for a smooth running event. second i want to thank everyone that helped get my car off the track and loaded up after i killed the ring and pinion.

The track was a hooking mofo sat morning.

I came off the trailer friday and ran a 10.19 @ 130 .

set my new bests, a few 8.82 passes & a few 165 mph passes.

thanx to Holly & Cal for the best race event.
thanx to Clint for tune assistance.
thanx to Mr. Fiscus for finding missing boost.
thanx to Louie I will NEVER drink "Ohio Double Pumper" again (it tastes like a sour margarita mixed with goat urin)

I'm glad everyone had a great time. Holly and Clint know how to put on an event! We had great weather all weekend and quite a few people went home with some extra money in her pockets.

I first off want to thank everyone at the reace track for a smooth running event. second i want to thank everyone that helped get my car off the track and loaded up after i killed the ring and pinion.

Wow! Had a great time - couldn't believe how smooth and easy some of those runs looked. I was worried about hurting traction, as I had my kids there and we ran my son's Dakota truck. I was surprised it spun the tires and was a little worried about putting street rubber down, but looks like the track workers did a good job prepping before class races as everything I read stated good traction. First time racing for my kids and they got to see first hand spinning tires was not the fastest way down the track so at least that lesson got taught. Of course they have the bug and want drag radials and a posi differential now and I want Santa to bring me a rebuilt tranny for the Buick!

Chuck, you should've stayed another day! I came up Friday night with my girls but got in too late to come to the track that night. I had a great time Saturday catching up with all of the Buick racers who've stayed serious and gotten faster, unlike me. :)

Louie was flying, as well as pretty much all of the TSO cars, and I'm super impressed with Jason White's car. Steve's Firebird looks show quality under the hood and then rips off 165 mph passes.. then there were the stock-ish cars running 10s (my favorite was the rusty gold T ripping off consistent 10.80/.90s).

Thanks to Cal, Holly, and all of the other sponsors! I'm reminded of why I loved going to Reynolds years ago, and getting the bug to get another Buick back in shape to make some passes.

--SloGN, that thing sure did make some ugly noises when it went! Steve, how do you know what goat urine tastes like, anyway? Front Mount, I didn't catch your name but you and your kids sure did get your money's worth hot lapping that truck.

Great time awesome weather. My first time running TAI, really enjoyed it. Great bunch of guys. Almost made it to the finals. Cant wait till next year.
Thanks to Cal and Holly for putting on a great show. Congrats to all the winners and those with new personal bests

Kendall, Yea, Mike's intro was quick and missed /forgot yours - been told (jokingly?) I'm pre-Alzheimers, scary as my dad suffers from it. Just finished scrapping off a lot of tire rubber from right side. Measured tires and they were the same so figured I stole rubber from others that put it down.
Interesting note - got 16.4 mpg driving up, raced and filled at same station going home and dropped average to 16.1. Of course the drive up was about our trap speed <grin>
My Buick is still slow and the tranny wasn't up for racing which would of happened if I drove it up. Saw a post commenting about slow Buicks the other day still running in the 12s, afraid to show up after that, but am motivated to get back and maybe tap the 11s next year - no where near what we saw at Reynolds. Both boys in college so funds are limited, but my times have come down from where I started - 14.8 stock back in the day.

Jim Robison Fort Walton Beach

congrats + condolences.

set my new bests, a few 8.82 passes & a few 165 mph passes.

thanx to Holly & Cal for the best race event.
thanx to Clint for tune assistance.
thanx to Mr. Fiscus for finding missing boost.
thanx to Louie I will NEVER drink "Ohio Double Pumper" again (it tastes like a sour margarita mixed with goat urin)

Congrats on your new found boost. The air intake looked great coming from the cowl but obviously something there was like a restrictor plate.:)

Bob. I think the tr6 helped break it........... Lol

That Damn 2 step works great. Thank for a great product .

We were up from Panama City FL and had a great time. Had my first runs down 1/4 mile track in my daily driver. Thanks for the wonderful event Cal and Holly. Met some nice folks that helped me get some good results so thanks to them too. Hope to see everyone and more back next year.

Patrick - you spun like hell when Clint put 20+ psi in the 275's, when you dropped it down to around 15 like
I told ya, that is what did that rear in. :p

Kendall - it was great seeing you again, hell several of us thought you died or some damn thing. LOL

Dusty - I never thought that it would have restricted the air, but hey lesson learned, that's for sure.
By the way, that PTC is fantastic, picking up 34 mph out the back door.

Jason - thanx for the info about hitting the trans. brake a few times before activating it. (you could
have been kind & told me BEFORE you put me on the trailer!)

Cal - you need to take some Geritol to keep up your strength. hell you were out by about 8:30 pm
while your better 1/2 kept the party going around the fire.

all joking aside, this is by far the very best race in the Buick community. there is no bickering, no arguing, no bull sh!t, everyone having fun, setting records, winning good money, & 1 hell of a party after hrs. oh and the weather is almost always perfect @ this event.

SloGN said:

Was wondering what happenend.. saw it lock up

View attachment 2012-11-10 10.42.42.jpg