Ran the gauntlet

gsgnnut

Had a hairy situation sun night. Coming home from dinner at mil's house cat flange disintegrated on my 03 regal gs dropping exhaust pipe in the street. Lucky I had a light and a coat hanger to tie up the pipes but now gs is as loud as an open headered dragster and if that's not enough I had a few beers with dinner. Great if I get pulled over I'm sure I would get questioned about drinking and that can easily end badly. Oh well 4 miles down main street and I'm home free. I'm going for it hoping all the cops are on shift change or at the donut shop. Anyway getting the car up to 40 mph seemed like the glass was going to shatter and eardrums were vibrating bad. Wife was with me and she was freaking out going deaf. Once at cruising speed let off the go pedal and noise quiets down considerable but I have 8 traffic lights ahead and a big hill. Crap. Prayed for green. Answered! I hit 6 out of 8 greens and no cops sighted. Got some looks of disgust and a couple passers but made it home without attracting attention of the local cops. Thank god for that. I have a triple aaa plus card in my pocket but where's the fun in that?