Reverse fluid injection

MikeL.

Stay boosted my friends
Finished converting to vac brake setup and wondered if I can do the 4 wheel brake bleed procedure without having to bleed the master? I have a feeling it's not possible but wondered if anyone has successfully bled the entire system this way. Two birds one stone sort of thing.

How old is your fluid. I thought it a good idea to flush mine out by bleeding.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Two years tops. I bled the whole system when the acc ball went out. I was wondering if I can fill the mc 1/2 way then reverse bleed at all four corners. I'm not sure that will get all the air out of the mc...

I've never tried that but I don't have equipment to even try. I don't see why it wouldnt work, but I'm not sure how the valve down on the frame will like it.

I used a C clamp to hold open the prop valve on the frame last time with good results. May try that again.

I always bleed my master cylinder on a bench vice before i install then go through the process start at rr wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yup, my process didn't work. I bought a napa "universal" mc bleeder kit and none of the fittings worked so I gave the rfi a shot to do both jobs. No dice.
Anyone know where I can get the correct fittings so I can bench bleed?

Back in the day bleeder kits came with the MC......
You might have to get a couple of short steel lines and bend them back into the reservoir ...

Bryan

Go to evilbay and do a search for thexton in the tools section. You'll find a universal master cylinder bleeder kit that will fit most of the masters out there.

Picked up the booster/mc combo at AdvanceAuto. The store I bought it at didn't carry the mc bleeder kit period. Thought it'd be in the "help" section, but not there either.

Thanks for the metal lines tip.

I bled my last one on the car. It takes more than a few cycles of the pedal but we got it bled then hooked up the lines and moved to the wheels.

Exactly what I had to do. Finally found a kit that fits, bled the mc and then bled at each wheel. I can now hold 5lbs easy on the brake and thats with stock pads and wheel cylinders.

May do the procedure o e more time to be sure.
Is Kirbans still taking powermaster cores or anyone else?

Kirbans still is but you only get back $100, if I see any higher offers I will let you know this evening.