RetroSound Newport DIN 1.5 radio for GM vehicles

b4black

I saw this and thought it was great, until I saw the price. :wtf: Maybe others will be interested though.

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/details/id/467

4fa58ba5db82db86f2052db4d8cccb67.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, yowza. But those converted original radios with the 3.5mm jacks are $$ too. I made my own and bought an AudioControl interface to run my headunit to and my amp from.

I'd be willing to bet their business would double if they could integrate a satellite radio tuner without raising their price.

Cool, but super wow is right. I guess if someone is bent on having a factory looking radio, then this would be for them.

Looking at some of the technology, and the limited market for this type of radio, I think the price is fair. The fact that it syncs up to blue tooth connected devices, without having to puchase a separate reciever like a lot of ther radios, I think thi is a pretty attractive option. Certainly looks better than most conversion plates that have the radio sticking out half an inch, and thn shows gaps. I'm sure someone could make more affordable DIY kit, but considering the total package this offers, and it's ability to control other equipment...not bad in my book.

great idea price a little steep. looks way too plain for me but i get why they did it..

Sorry guys but this radio looks like it belongs in an early 90s dodge caravan. Definitely looks wrong in our cars. Don't get me wrong they make good products as I have one of there 2 knobers in my 68 that looks the part. I just think this particular radio looks like a dodge unit.

I'd buy this if it was so Damn ugly. I'm dying to find a 1.5 din high end unit. Dodge caravan is right.

Price is not that bad. That's normally what you pay for a mid to high end radio. I'd buy it, if I didn't already have a newer radio in mine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are people still using/looking for the pioneer deh 77dph or are there other options??

I have one NIB and was wondering if it's still a desirable unit or is there something better now in the 1.5 DIN.

I would put it on the board or flea bay if I could find something I like better.

I'm just looking for good sound that is respectable, I'm not into blowing the decklid off the car but an even sound with clarity no matter the genre of music.

BTW I still have the stock junk in the car.

I tried googling that and you must have the wrong model number. Can you check again. I remember in mid 90s they had 1.5 DIN stereos. May be interested.

I tried googling that and you must have the wrong model number. Can you check again. I remember in mid 90s they had 1.5 DIN stereos. May be interested.

The box says word for word DEH-77dph, I don't know what else to tell you.

It was MFG. in 2001

Link me when you go to sell it.
I'll need one for my next car.....

Will do, I'm debating whether to use it or not, but I'm doing other things right now.

I did just get some C/S lower door panels for when I get to the stereo system.

I'm sure I'll be posting for help on what head unit, amps and speakers I should go with when I'm ready.