Retrofit Rear Seat Shoulder Belts?

TurboBuckeye

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
I'm not comfortable with my kids riding in the backseat with just lap belts so I'm looking to upgrade to shoulder belts as a winter project. A search turned up a few threads on this subject with no real answers. I'm looking for advice on how to go about it, what cars to get parts from, if anyone offers a "kit" ....any help is greatly appreciated.

Car is an 87 Turbo T with grey interior

Rear shoulder belts

I saw some factory info on this back in the early 90's (maybe late 80's). I think it is a nice safety feature for the rear passengers.

It took years of searching but I finally located a complete setup in the GN gray color, I can't remember what type of car it came out of, but will check my records.

The only thing you need to do to install this is to modify the rear metal structure for the upper belt assembly and modify your package tray. I have not yet installed it, but it should look like factory equiped when done.

I'll post some pictures when I get the camera working.

chris said:
I saw some factory info on this back in the early 90's (maybe late 80's). I think it is a nice safety feature for the rear passengers.

It took years of searching but I finally located a complete setup in the GN gray color, I can't remember what type of car it came out of, but will check my records.

The only thing you need to do to install this is to modify the rear metal structure for the upper belt assembly and modify your package tray. I have not yet installed it, but it should look like factory equiped when done.

I'll post some pictures when I get the camera working.

Excellent...any additional info and pictures would be much appreciated. Did you order new parts? Or strip parts from a donor? I would assume my Turbo T grey belts are probably the same color as GN grey belts but in this case close would probably be close enough anyway. Thanks for the reply