Upgrade Converter?

87moneypit

I'll be dropping my trans over the winter to treat some surface rust and freshen up the undercarriage and was thinking while it was out to swap out my stock converter, but not sure if it's even worth the effort. I'm not real trans techy, but willing to do the upgrade if a noticable one. My upgrades
Running a new 5858 pt set at 17lbs
42lbs injectors w matching tt 93 chip(chip burned w stock converter in place) not sure if that makes a dif.
255 fp, afr
Translator w lt1 3 " maf ,scanmaster
3" downpipe, test pipe, pypes 2.5 .car was tuned by a local turbo buick guy , engine and trans are completely stock and to me run strong as hell . I'm new to the turbo buicks ,but man am I hooked! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

There are so many choices an opinions out here.in running a 10" ptc 2800 stall lock up.I love this convert but it wouldn't hurt to call an talk with Dave H at Turbo Buick performance. Good guy an knows his transmission.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Call David H and inquire about his 3021 . No better mod on a car than a good converter for your engine setup.

Thanks alot for the info, trying real hard to be conservative and work w and get the most out of my current setup . From what I'm learning, is I'm pretty close or might already be to the point where the next step would be meth and more boost, as much as I want to, If I hurt the car it would be down for a long time. Enjoy this car to much right now to have down for the count. I'm gonna try to reach out to Dave H soon. From everything I've heard and read he is top notch !

Tune, Alky, and mo boooost ,will be a different car.

V6sleeper, this damn car has me paranoid and happy as shit at the same time, I feel like I got my eyes on the scanmaster more then I do on the road, it's running great , definitely all about turnin it up, but worried as hell about head gaskets or just blowin it to shit, it's very high mileage(160,000) and never been opened. Bought it cheap 2 yes ago and just got it roadworthy this summer. When bumping up boost , even w alky ,I would still be pushing the same pressure, correct? Or no? Sincere question

X2 Dave Husek , he can help you with just about anything Turbo Buick , but his specialty is transmissions & converters . I have his Pro Plus trans & 9" nl converter and has been solid for the last 4 years with many low 10 sec passes .
Calling him is best @ 516-860-5287 just about anytime , I talked to him last night at 8:30 !!

V6sleeper, this damn car has me paranoid and happy as shit at the same time, I feel like I got my eyes on the scanmaster more then I do on the road, it's running great , definitely all about turnin it up, but worried as hell about head gaskets or just blowin it to shit, it's very high mileage(160,000) and never been opened. Bought it cheap 2 yes ago and just got it roadworthy this summer. When bumping up boost , even w alky ,I would still be pushing the same pressure, correct? Or no? Sincere question

160,000! That's not even broke in if you don't beat on it much. Remember an article back in GM HighTech Performance where they picked up a gray T, (Project Gray iirc) with 225kmiles for a series. Ran good but they got the trans rebuilt to be sure. Never did read the final results.

Dave Husek hands down. Such a good guy willing to help anyone even if you didn’t buy the stuff from him. I’m running his trans and converter. My combo and times are in my signature.

Converter are good help to the performance,BUT have you looked at the timing chain and valve springs?

Yes , already has timing chain redone, w the mileage, I'm a little leary of swapping springs, not looking to wipe the cam