Results going from a Pats 3200 to a David Husek 3250 converter

BARRACUDA1968

I haven't had my GN very long but I decided to go run it at the strip several weeks ago. I was disappointed in the results to say the least. I installed an A/F gauge to help me tune along with my SM.

Shortly there after I had a converter failure so I did some homework and ran across Dave Husek and he set me up with one of his new converters with some new ideas in it. I have the first one. Dave will need to chime in and give the details.

I installed the converter and left everything else the same as far as the tune and went back to the track. I did add 28" tires over the 25" DR's I had on the car the first time I ran it.

Best run with old converter 13.47 at 100.13 mph 2.00 60 ft

Best run with Dave's Converter 12.789 at 109.39 mph 2.073 60 ft (we4Mateo is in the other lane)

This converter is better on the street too, builds boost quicker and Dave has it set up to couple at 4800 rpm which I can feel.

Next time I go to the track I'll have my slicks on and get some 1.7's. If you listen close in the video you will hear my tires light up at the 60 ft mark. I could'nt put anymore power to the tires that day so I'll have to wait till spring to see what the car will really do. My tune was rich and I had 3 degrees of timing taken out to be safe.

I applaud you for sticking with it Brett. It is hard when everyone is telling you you car will be really fast with the mods you have and it cant even crack the 12's. Searching for anything you can to make it as fast as everyone says it should be. I have no doubt your patience has payed off and will continue to pay off with this GN. Congrats on the run and I look forward to running that slug at Cordova;)

I have no doubt this car will run the number it should when the time comes. Do I think this car has high 10's in it? Probably not. I would love to be proven wrong. I do however think I can get this car in the low to mid 11's. If 10's can be had I will try but if not I will be happy with a good tune and a fast street car.

If I can I will get to Cordova this year with some slicks. I have everything on hand just need to find the time before the season is over.

TT/Ameasap I would love to come run with you before the year is out. Maybe we can make that happen?

My we4 ran 12.0 10 years ago with only exhaust,chip,filter,pump,regulator and tires so I would have to think you car will run well into the tens. It just takes time and patience with these cars. Dont give and keep tuning. The times will fall every time you go to the track.

I'm getting the hang of tuning it more and more. I used to race my 68 Cuda and started in the 14's and spent big $$$ to get it in the 10's at 131 mph. That why it baffles me how I'm going to manage a high 10 without buying any major parts from this point. I know now that I have a good converter and the next step is to get the power to the track which I will do next time. Then I can start tuning the car for some ET and the MPH will come.

I don't want to hurt the motor so I will take my time.

Two sweet looking TRs there. Thanks for posting. I'm excited to see you hit your goals. Good job going slow with the tune; the journey is the best part and most enjoyable when taken slow and steady.

I'm done with this season. I still need to get my chip returned to Eric and get more room for the tires on corners. Also need to start saving for a chromoly 6 point.
I'm gonna get a few people together next season to go racing with. I'm gonna have them travel here and I expect to travel to them (Chicago). Should be a blast.