Research original owner / dealer information

You can find out which dealer it was originally delivered to along with prices, ship date, etc. To obtain a copy of the original invoice call GM Media Archive's, 734-462-5543 Ext 200.

You can try to get a dealer to run a VIS Report on www.GMDealerWorld.com.

That link is for dealers only. It won't tell you crap on anything older than 95. Well it might tell you if there is a recall but the link or service is pretty much useless for our cars. They finally terminated my user name and password 90 days after my former employer filed chapter 11.:rolleyes:

What about this link? Same info TR84 posted. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/gn...do-you-want-copy-dealer-invoice-your-car.html

If you can find your build sheet it would also have the delivering dealer listed on it. I say delivering only because dealers trade inventory. I remember I wanted to by a GN back in 86. My small farm town Buick dealer told me he would have to buy it from another dealer because for every TR he ordered, Buick made him buy 3 NA Regals and it was impossible to sell 2 door coupes to traditional Buick buyers.:(

I called the GM Meadia Archive number above today and left a message. They called me back later and instructed me to place my order here:

GM Media Archive

Placed my order today- Thanks for the heads-up!

John

I just ordered one as well. $50 bux for a nearly blank piece of paper:mad:

Oh well, at least I know where the car came from...

I called the GM Meadia Archive number above today and left a message. They called me back later and instructed me to place my order here:

GM Media Archive

Placed my order today- Thanks for the heads-up!

John

I just ordered one from there for both of my GN's. I bet they are getting a rush on GN's :) I know the dealer for my cars but I'm a sucker for any original paper work on the cars I can get my hands on! :D

Filled everything out on line last night and I got a call this morning for my payment info. She said they found the build sheets for both cars and I'll have them e-mailed me tomorrow. Can't beat that service! :)

I filled out the order form on Sunday and recieved a call on Tuesday saying that they had my invoice ready to send. Awesome, Only a 2-day turn around!

John

I am posting a link to a thread I did last year that details every step that needs to be done in order to get the most accurate and detailed reproduction window sticker available. the details start at post #15.

You have to do a little research on your own and gather some specific details about your car before you ask Bill at TripleAEnterprises dot com to make one for you. Here is the link...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/248605-part-original-86-gn-window-sticker.html

As far as researching the original owner paper trail...

The current title for your car has the previous title # listed on it. Even if it was an out of state title, a copy of the title that was turned in to your state's department of motor vehicles to get a title issued in your name, is on file. Just contact your state's dept of motor vehicles and for a small fee (10 or 20 bucks) they will send you a copy.

Then using the previous title, you can research the title before that one and so on.

This works great as long as the state dept of motor vehicles requires all vehicles, regardlesss of age, to have a title. Some states like NH do not require a title on vehicles older than 15 years. So their records are discarded, both paper and electronic, after 15 years.

I was able to back-trace the records for one car (as it spent most of its life in MA which requires a title always) all the way back to the original application for title by the selling dealer. :cool: