Repro GN emblems

UL LUZE

Anyone ever see the repro GN & intercooled emblems that are offered on e-bay?? Seller claims they are hard to tell the difference from GM NOS emblems.......anyone ever see them in person??
He sells the complete set (5 emblems) for $169.99.

Thanks

Do you know who is the manufacturer? If they are being reproduced by a company called Trim Parts I'd be willing to bet $$$ they are actually nicer that the originals.

I've had tons of experience in this area, so if you could get the manufacturer's name I could voice a well educated opinion.

Never heard of them before. Are you certain that they are the MFG and not just the retailer? I'll do a little more R&D and see what I can find out.

Steve

The only reproduction emblems I've seen on eBay are just flat stickers; they're not raised emblems like the originals. They also have the "3.8 SFI TURBO" ones for the hood in a 3-piece set (so you have one for the trunklid too if your car requires one there). They all look good from a distance but I'd never use them on my car.

The 3.8 sfi emblems I know for a fact have been reproduced at least the hood versions have as they are not that complicated or expensive to do since they are plastic. The rear trunk SFI emblem had a black edge around it and to my knowledge that one has not been reproduced. Plus demand for the trunk SFI emblem is not that great compared to the hood emblems which adorn all Turbo models basically compared to the trunk one that only appeared on T-Types and Turbo-Ts and WE4's etc...

Reproduction is all about numbers. You need good numbers to get a profit back on your return.

To reproduce the fender badges and intercooler badges would be very costly to do because of the process involved. Their is a name for that type of process on the Grand Nationals emblems, but it escapes me at the moment. One interesting note the new Corvette ZR 1 which sells for one hundred grand and up has plastic emblems on the car. True fact as I have a set of the emblems. (Not the car just the emblems). I don't know, but if I spent a hundred grand on a car I would be wanting a more substantial quality emblem on the fender than a cheap multi color plastic one. Course it does save weight!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

past owner of a number of turbo regals and 8 gnxs....
everyone one probably left an oil spot on my driveway

I looked at the link you provided. They look good to me. With over 2000 items sold and a 97% positive feedback I think they might be as good as they claim. For the price you can't beat it. I suppose you could buy them and compare them to your stockers. If you don't like them post them on the for sale section. Someone will buy them...

The 3.8 sfi emblems I know for a fact have been reproduced at least the hood versions have as they are not that complicated or expensive to do since they are plastic. The rear trunk SFI emblem had a black edge around it and to my knowledge that one has not been reproduced.

Sorry but it's the hood SFI emblems that have the black edge. The trunk one is all chrome.

Very Interested in those Repros!

I just checked out that link too, they look to be very correct, and they are NOT flat like some of the copies I have seen. If they are every bit as good as the originals, in terms of color, size, thickness, that is a damn good deal.

Someone buy some! I'm too broke.:rolleyes:

Yeah I would like to know how they look also. I have repro 3.8,s to put on my car. I would like to get a set of GN and intercooled emblems.

These obviously aren't the flat emblems I was talking about in my previous post. I've never seen these before; they look really good from what I can tell. Good deal considering the prices on the originals these days...

I would like to know what timmanis2000 thinks about the set when his/hers gets there. I may buy a set from this guy too if I decide to re-badge. My car is in the paint booth this week! Hope to get it back in a few weeks.

I don't know....I paid a few bucks more for ORIGINALS, so why would you pay almost $170.00 for emblems that may be made in China?? Same goes for the cheap aftermarket hood emblems. Almost $35.00 for aftermarket?? To each his own I guess.....

Ken

NOS emblems seem to have risen in price recently.......fender & trunk emblems alone would be $320.

If I could get originals for around $170, I would.:smile:

at a good price as they are discontinued by GM over 8 months ago.

GBodyParts.com Online

Discontined through GM? :redface: Yep we are the guys who made them discontinued!;)

One thing I've noticed about these "Reproductions" is the quality is a little off when compared to the OEM part. A little ragged around the edges, the lines aren't as crisp,etc......

The big problem reproducing emblems and name plates are the cost of the license for the trade marks. Now why the heck doesn't somebody hi-jack this thread about waving the flag and supporting the guys here at home? We all can guess how much of the price of these emblems is profit compared to material and labor costs.:mad: Quite a double standard some of us have,aint it?