Representing at a Local Cruise..

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
Busted out the TR with my father in law and a buddy of mine in his 502 powered '67 SS Chevelle at The Historic Springfield Main Street Cruise here in Jax Fl on Saturday. They posted some pretty good pics on their FB page.
untitledmscgnx.png
untitledmscgnx1.png
untitledmscgnx2.png
untitledmscchevelle.png

Last edited:
Is gn mini tubbed? Looks like a lot of tire under there.
Both cars are stunning!

Thanks! Rear frame is notched 1". Axle is stock width. Rear rims are 10.5" and fronts are 9.5". Had 295/35/18's on the rear and crammed some 315 30's in there last month. Went up to a 275 from a 265 on the front too.

Last edited:
Damn. That's a lot of tire. I've managed 295's in the rear with no mods on a stock 8" ttype rim. I thought for sure there would be no way to go so big on the front. Must handle like crazy.

Damn. That's a lot of tire. I've managed 295's in the rear with no mods on a stock 8" ttype rim. I thought for sure there would be no way to go so big on the front. Must handle like crazy.

It does handle well. The tires that were on it were 15 years old. I know way too old, but I was just cruising around the beach under 40mph and they only had 1400 miles on them. So I buy some new 295 35 drag radials and they were a 1/4" narrower! No way I'm going skinnier. Found a new set of 315 30's for $400. I figure its worth a try and if they rub no big deal. I massaged the inners a little. Minimal rubbage on drivers side. The flares help a lot. The new 275's were the same width as the old 265's so no problem there.

Looks like tire sizes today are a little narrower then they were back in 2000.

Also, I wanted the fronts to match the drag radials. I got lucky and found a new set of BFG KDW 2's dated Aug 2014 (they were discontinued in 2014) at a cost of $100 more than the new Comp 2's that are out now.

I think they matched up pretty good. :cool:

Heaths two tone car will be hitting the streets of CT this spring!

Rob, you need one of our front air dams for that car!

Thanks! Rear frame is notched 1". Axle is stock width. Rear rims are 10.5" and fronts are 9.5". Had 295/35/18's on the rear and crammed some 315 30's in there last month. Went up to a 275 from a 265 on the front too.
Car sits perfect nice ride man ! :)