Represented TR's at Middletown CT main street cruise

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Interesting nite Wednesday 6-15-11. Met up with some friends to go to the cruise on Main Street Middletown, about 500 cars right on main street and on the green. Got there at around 5PM and the place was already packed. This is the longest main street in CT and they park the cars in the spaces along the curb and then run two rows down the center.

Was getting towards the end of the show and one of the show reps tells me not to go anywhere as I won one of the 8 awards for the show! Never expected that and was nice seeing they recognize our cars as well as the older muscle cars and street rods.

Was rubbing shoulders with Wayne Carini the host of Chasing Classic Cars as one of his cars won as well.

This is where things went from great to not so great. Was time to get ready for the awards presentation and my 15 year old son was no where to be found. Made the mistake of letting him go into an arcade on main street and of course he lost track of time. So drive thru the awards deal to get my plaque and then parked the car back on the street. People leaving all over since the awards were done and no sign of my son. Left the car with the windows open and walked towards the arcade to find him. Here he comes walking towards me with two ice cream cones, so I couldn't yell at him too much.:)

Meanwhile, the beautiful weather is rapidly turning sour, starting to sprinkle and ran back to the car to put the windows up. Started the car and put the windows up and shut the door so we could finish the ice cream, no, not in the car! Well, when I shut the doors I didn't realize the doors had locked so I am sitting there with the car running and not able to get in. Had keys hidden on the car but couldn't find them!!!! Luckily the door didn't latch all the way so got a coat hanger and popped it open.

THEN, the skies opened up! Drove all the way home in pouring rain. Drag radials didn't act up and made it home OK and the car got a nice bath. Felt sorry for the poor guy in front of me with a t-bucket street rod, lots of open cars were there and sure a lot of people got soaked.

Needless to say, the next time the kid is with me he will be carrying a cell phone!:)

your kid brought you an ice cream cone...nothing else matters. Congrats on the kid...and the award

You know you're bringing them up right when they do something like that. :cool: Good seeing you down there. Congrats on the trophy!

PS: Is Wayne really as short as he looks on TV? ;)

You know you're bringing them up right when they do something like that. :cool: Good seeing you down there. Congrats on the trophy!

PS: Is Wayne really as short as he looks on TV? ;)

Yeah, good kid for sure though I did lace into him a bit.

It is a once a year show, unfortunately.

And Wayne Carini is actually SHORTER than he looks on TV.:smile: Nice guy and wish I could grow a mustache as good as his.:D