Replacing the body mount bushings - can't get frame separated from the body

syclone98

I've loosened the 12 bolts but still have the bumpers attached.

Using a piece of wood and my floor jack I've tried lifting the body up a little from a few different places around the car but every time the frame also lifts up too. All the bolts came loose quite easily (it's a CA car) but I'm not seeing any separation whatsoever of the body and frame.

Did I miss a bolt somewhere? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Christopher

When I did mine I took the bumpers off. I would recommend doing the same. They come right off with a couple of nuts. Other than that do one side at a time and you should be good to go.

James

That's the part that I may be getting confused about - whether there's 12 or 14 bolts.

I used this procedure as a reference:

Bushing Replacement Procedure

I may not have read it right but I thought that location #5 is where the GNX bushing goes and that there isn't actually a body bolt there.

Also, if you look at the Kirban body bolt kit it only ships with 12 bolts.

Why do the bumpers need to come off by the way?

Fillers go under bumpers.So if you try to lift body it will break the fillers there is only 12 bolts. no bolts at gnx spot. You have to watch your front parking brake cable and fuel lines. should not have to go that high. I only do one side at a time loosen bolts on one side and take them out of other. your just lifting enough to pull bushings out.maybe half a pump on jack to get new ones in. hopefully frame isnt rotted where bushings sit. brian at gbody sells repair washers. good luck