are coiled flex joint circle brake lines from master cylinder needed?

1KWIKSIX

I'm installing a new Wildwood MC with adjustable proportioning valve mounted to the side and am about to plumb up new brake lines.
Wondering if the coiled / squiggly flex joint / circle portion located on the stock brake lines at this area are required? What is the purpose of these.
New body bushings have been installed so there should be little to no movement between the body and frame.

Don't have a lot of room on the inner fender area where all this will be located as I've got to install some wildwood residual pressure valves in line and would prefer not to also have the short coiled section of brake line located here too.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

thx

dave

Gbody coiled brake line2.jpg

Don't have a lot of room on the inner fender area where all this will be located as I've got to install some wildwood residual pressure valves in line and would prefer not to also have the short coiled section of brake line located here too.

Dave, you can move the residual for the rear brakes to a location that's easier to get to.
If this is a disc/drum combo, you do not need a valve in the ft line.
I haven't found a need for the coils, on any system I've done.
Here's the setup on my 8T6.
My 55 Chevy has the same.. No problems in many yrs.

HB on Buick 003.jpgHB on Buick 001.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up making my own.
If the body bushings need to be inspected again some day, solid/low flex brake lines may need to be evaluated before lifting the body.

Braided lines would be easier, but I wanted stock type appearance.

Attachments

• 20160514_110426.jpg
    20160514_110426.jpg
    902.2 KB · Views: 59
Reading through this I have a question.... I thought residual valves were used only when the master cylinder was in a position where the fluid could drain back to it ?

Are you guys seeing a benefit to running a residual valve on a firewall mounted master cylinder?