replacing the accumulator spring

F

FastLaneGN

Hey guys,
After putting an '87 motor in my '85 car ('85 tranny) i noticed some slippage at wot. Well at Bowling Green i met some guys and one of them gave me an accumulator spring and a couple pieces that go with it and said i should try it before rebuilding) I dropped the pan today and located where i think the parts go. (looking up at the tranny to the right of the filter neck) I had to shift the car from park to 1st to get this far. I removed a small c clip thinking the parts and the spring would fall right out but they didn't. So how do i get these parts to come out? Where does the accumulator spring go? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lane Gordon
Fast Lane
'85 gn
TE-44, 42LB INJ., 210-205 cam. etc.
'89 s10 Cameo with n/a buick 3.8

Put snap ring back in. That is pressure reg valve. Accumulator is in the back with 4 bolts 10mm heads. It is cast aluminum. Once you drop you will see how it goes.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

well i dropped the piece with the 4 10mm bolts. I found a spring in there but it was about an inch in diameter where the spring i have is about an inch long and 1/4" in diameter. I was told it goes in the front pump. and i understand it will increase line pressure? Thanks again guys and any direction will be appreciated
Lane Gordon
Fast Lane
'85 GN
'87 motor, te44, 42lb inj., 210-205 cam, etc.
'89 S10 w/ n/a buick 3.8

Your term of nology has me confused. 1/4 by1" thats not a pr spring either. Maybe its the 1-2 acc valve in VB. Dont know at this point.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

First of all, Thank you for your speedy and knowledgeable responses on this question. The spring i have is actually just barely over 2" in length and 1/2" in diameter. Sorry for the confusion i didn't meausre it before. He also gave me two other pieces that go with it. The first is a 3/4" in diameter and looks like a knob off the radio. one end of this piece looks very similar and is the same diameter as the pressure regulator you mention in your first post (with the snap clip). Their is a small piston type thing in this piece. The other piece is 2 3/4" long and i think it goes inside the spring. Again, thanks for any input you might have.
Lane Gordon

Ok they are boost valves and reg spring. IU am home so i have no info to send you but it IS CRITICAL how they go in. if you just barly tap the valve it will fall out . try to wtach EXACTLY how they come out. getting them back in is a trick.
Good luck

goes reg valve, spring, 1-2 boost, then tv then snap ring

Bruce
WE4