Replacing Radio - Snowball effect

Installed most of the trunk strut "kit" today, only thing I'd do different is have the brackets that mount to the trunk powdercoated black;) Used all the part numbers that you gave out, except I didn't use the plate steel. Just have to install that bolt with the nylon cover on it. The local "True Value" hardware store even had the nylon that was threaded for 1/4" bolts! But, they didn't have nyloc nuts. Thanks again for listing the part #'s!

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 90
Sorry I didn't get back to this. Sometimes I don't get Instant Notifications for some reason, and this was one of those times.. :)

GNRick, give that trunk kit a shot and let us know how it works out. ;)

...Used all the part numbers that you gave out, except I didn't use the plate steel... Thanks again for listing the part #'s!

The way you did it I believe is how I originally mounted my bracket as well, but my sheet metal flexed a bunch when closing. Get in the trunk and start closing the lid to see if yours does the same.

hesermon, yeah, perhaps it would be easiest to get the plugs out with the heads on the bench. :) Time... if only I had time to finish this dang thing. <sigh>

I'm finishing up a bathroom remodel now, tiling for the first time, and then come December I'm back on it with no other projects going on. Carpet (Highway Stars mass-backed) and pad is in, sound system & alarm wires to trunk are run, window motors replaced (knocked 2+ seconds off my PW E.T. with the new motors!), window regulators all lubed up and windows adjusted. Door pods finally got wrapped (thanks Steve), so now I can button up the doors and install the interior. Then start installing components. I can hardly wait!