replacement maf question

The word is that rebuilt mafs are iffy. Some work fine, but you may have to try several before you find a good one. If the sensor is sold as new (not reman), chances are it was built offshore. Again, maybe good, maybe not. A NOS maf will cost a bunch, but maybe not quite as much as a late model LT1/LS1 and translator set up. Try ***********.

I supported vendors who support this board.
Mike Licht furnished ls1 maf & translator - has been bulletproof & it can be tuned.

Go with a maf translator and ls1 maf .... I bought a remanufactured sensor from postons acouple yrs ago ... put it on the car and it ran like $hit. Put the factory one back on and it ran fine.

id love to by a maf and translator but its a little out of my budget right now but it is in my long term plan. comparing 350+ to about 100 or so for a reman if one of the supporting vendors can get me a reman maf that will work properly for a similar price ill go that route, but otherwise im limitied to about 100$ now

As said above. rebuilt mafs are iffy, although I did use one of Kirbans rebuilt mafs and the car ran very well. They are a little pricey at $189.00 tho.

guess ill just put it off untill i can get the cash together then i knew the ones from autozone etc didnt work well but i didnt know if anyone else was building ones specific for our cars on the cheap side

One of the best mods I have ever done was the translator and ls1 maf. My car ran like crap with all the remanufactured maf's I have tried. Save your cash and look for a translator for sale on the board. They come up for sale once in a while.

One of the best mods I have ever done was the translator and ls1 maf. My car ran like crap with all the remanufactured maf's I have tried. Save your cash and look for a translator for sale on the board. They come up for sale once in a while.

Only when someone decides to go mafless. They work so well, no one goes back to the factory maf after the LS1/translator setup.

As said above. rebuilt mafs are iffy, although I did use one of Kirbans rebuilt mafs and the car ran very well. They are a little pricey at $189.00 tho.

kirban 2 cents worth

As for the pricey issue there is a reason for it....getting original 1986-1987 turbo regal cores is extremely hard to do.

There is plenty of replacement mass air flow sensors out there rebuilt ones that are converted V6 camaro units reason plug is pointing sideways instead of downward.

Granted $189.95 may seem high however, we do allow $25 credit for your original core sent in...heck if you have 3 or 4 you get $25 each....for dead ones..plus we are gambling on the dead ones because not every dead one can be rebuilt.....

Just explaining why ours are priced the way they are...if you want to retain the original stock maf sensor we have them with a warranty......

Many will fit your application, but only one style is the original.

kirban

I will buy all the originals ones all day long at $25 each....can be minus the screens just can't be cracked or busted......

kirban 2 cents worth

As for the pricey issue there is a reason for it....getting original 1986-1987 turbo regal cores is extremely hard to do.

There is plenty of replacement mass air flow sensors out there rebuilt ones that are converted V6 camaro units reason plug is pointing sideways instead of downward.

Granted $189.95 may seem high however, we do allow $25 credit for your original core sent in...heck if you have 3 or 4 you get $25 each....for dead ones..plus we are gambling on the dead ones because not every dead one can be rebuilt.....

Just explaining why ours are priced the way they are...if you want to retain the original stock maf sensor we have them with a warranty......

Many will fit your application, but only one style is the original.

kirban

I will buy all the originals ones all day long at $25 each....can be minus the screens just can't be cracked or busted......

with the 25$ back its close to my range is there anyway to determine if mine is an original or not before i send it in? it does have the 90 degree connector

kirban 2 cents worth

plug end points downward toward he ground when install...the clyinder portion doe snot neck down....plus it has 2 places for the 2 10mm screws to secure it to the air cleaner...

if yours matches that description 99% it is correct...

you would have to send it with note deducting $25 from the $189.95 price add $9 shipping...however, I am away all next week so don't send it for a week...put to my attention when sending to the office...

kirban