Replacement Heater Core

BoostedGMC

I just removed the old heater core and tried to reinstall a speatra Part # 94505 only to find out it is smaller the the original so it flops around inside the box. I called highway stars even before I ordered the spectra but they were out of stock of their heater cores.

So what do I do now? Anyone have a new oem heater core for sale? Or know of one that is the exact same size as the stock one?

Same thing happened to me. I just made some shims so it would fit and not move around. Works fine.

So it looks like I have to find a used core or wait until someone starts to make the reproduction brass cores again. Anyone have a good used brass core for sale?

I found a perfect brass replacement at NAPA a few years ago. I have a new aluminum one laying around somewhere too! :(

I saw that napa part on here the other day and went to buy one and it looks like they are now aluminum.

I talked with a NAPA person to look for a brass replacement.

If you don't find one, I might still have my original heater core in my spare parts box. I removed it a few years ago from my GN,
There was nothing wrong with it, I just replaced it with another brass one that I had brand new. I will look for you if you don't find anything.

I found one on amazon and other sites which is an mtx brand, or metrix . It is almost identical to the stock core except it is 1/4" narrower that the original. This was sold as new but the core looks like it is just as used as the original. I think I will have to make this work until they start to remake the correct size replacements.

Attachments

• 20150910_181003.jpg
    20150910_181003.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited: