Replacement Headlight bezels..paint?

FastB

I bought some new reproduction headlight bezels that are satin/flat black (not painted) already...should I paint them satin black or leave them how they are?

they aren't supposed to be painted- GM used some process to make them black when they made them, and the good repro parts use the same process.
it was all covered in the thread about 5 years ago when the guy that owns the company was gauging interest and tooling up for it. i think he also made tail light trim, too.

Thanks! The previous owner had the car painted a few years ago and they painted everything gloss. Is the trim piece on the bottom of the trunk lid that lines up with the tail light bezels supposed to be satin black also?

Thanks! The previous owner had the car painted a few years ago and they painted everything gloss. Is the trim piece on the bottom of the trunk lid that lines up with the tail light bezels supposed to be satin black also?

Yes, all trim pieces are "trim black", or satin if you want to call it that.

A common mistake some body shops make or owners make is to repaint parts all glossy black....Satin black or tirm black is correct as flat black is not correct nor is glossy black. all trim and wheel well moldings...

denniskirban@yahoo.com