Replacement Cruise Control Servo

My cruise shuts off intermittently. Usually I have to wait about 10-15 minutes before I can reset it. I've replaced the stalk and the vacuum thing on the driver side fender. I'm thinking maybe its the black box under the dash. No vacuum leaks. What issues are you having?

Mine actually pedals the gas for me. It's not like a modern cruise where it stays absolutely at that mph, mine wanders like +2 mph to -2 mph. Like most people that drive with no cruise. Some say it's the speedo cable but I'm not 100% convinced. I will try that though. I was thinking it was my servo, but I'm going to replace it all anyhow just for peace of mind.

Plus or minus 2 mph is pretty normal for this vintage cruise control. I remember driving my dad's 86 NA for many years, still the same. Just like gotta roll up the passenger side window then drivers side which will after several seconds finally seal when running 75 mph :)

There's lots of interchangeability with the servos. The servos off my 1990 fwd Olds Ciera's fit my GN.

My cruise wouldn't work at all. The cruise light would come on,tho. Problem: Servo.

Plus or minus 2 mph is pretty normal for this vintage cruise control. I remember driving my dad's 86 NA for many years, still the same. Just like gotta roll up the passenger side window then drivers side which will after several seconds finally seal when running 75 mph :)

It happens on straight flat ground.

Really? Cuz it's super annoying lol. Ah well, the stuff's relatively cheap so I'll replace one part at a time and note what happens. :) If not, ah well, at least my stuff's new lol.

I just got my cruise working, turns out the brake switch has two sets of contacts and the set used for cruise was flaky. Was following the factory troubleshooting procedure and decided to test that circuit further by depressing the pedal which opened the contact but was not solid when the pedal was released.

My cruise shuts off intermittently. Usually I have to wait about 10-15 minutes before I can reset it. I've replaced the stalk and the vacuum thing on the driver side fender. I'm thinking maybe its the black box under the dash. No vacuum leaks. What issues are you having?
Mine would do that and it was the vacuum switch on the brake pedal was a couple of threads too loose.