Renter & House in Foreclosure?!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
So im having dinner with my son and girlfriend, when some random suv parks in front of my house and gets out with a badge.. Im thinking to myself something i did must be coming back to bite me in the ass. Well i open the door and ask how can i help him, he says he is with the courts and he summons me and tells me my house is under foreclosure. WTF??? I just paid my rent yesterday!!! $1600 to the f*#*&* owner!! Im in the middle of negotiating to buy this house im living at and this whole time its been under foreclosure..

What is my next move? Should i pay this guy next month?
The clerk told me if i wanted it would prob be a good time to buy it on a short sale.

Can someone give me some str8 answers here i need to know how long i have to stay here my girlfriend is about to give birth any day now, Do i have to move somewhere else this is a fairly large pill to swallow right now.

I called the owner and he says everything is cool that he is just doing a loan modification. What's going on? This guy owns a bunch of property's what is he up to?

Call a real estate lawyer immediately if not sooner.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

"I called the owner and he says everything is cool that he is just doing a loan modification. What's going on? This guy owns a bunch of property's what is he up to?"

There is no "foreclosure proceedings", IF the home owner is actually involved in a real loan mod. He's blowin smoke up yurazz, collecting rent, and will throw you under the bus. [Sounds like he already has.]
Sure hope you haven't invested any $$ toward buying the property.
I'd demand an explanation, IN WRITING, from the bank. I'd also put a stop pay on that rent check til you get such.
Local to me had the same BS w/ a "loan mod". Seems they were told to discontinue making payments, and they would be notified when the mod was completed @ the lower rate. [2+ yrs!]
BS..The owner started getting mail in some other person's name, fone calls for people they didn't know. Seems that the bank sold the property w/o due process, and the owner had no knowledge of it.
The bank is Bank America...A true bunch of morons.

As mentioned... LAWYER UP, DO IT NOW!

Chris don't pay 1 more month I'm also here in S FL and a bunch of people are doing what you just said.

I spoke to an attorney and have a meeting with him tomorrow, he claims im still responsible to pay the rent as it is still his property and he can evict me, i will see what else he has to say tomorrow.

Chuck, i have put some money into the property i put a new wooden fence, did some gardening in the back put some tree's up i have painted the interior, i also added a closet in one of the rooms since my son is about to be born i redid a whole room for him and his older brother which is my other son and he is 3. My girlfriend is literally ready to pop any minute and now this shit comes up i don't know what's going on...

So im having dinner with my son and girlfriend, when some random suv parks in front of my house and gets out with a badge.. Im thinking to myself something i did must be coming back to bite me in the ass. Well i open the door and ask how can i help him, he says he is with the courts and he summons me and tells me my house is under foreclosure. WTF??? I just paid my rent yesterday!!! $1600 to the f*#*&* owner!! Im in the middle of negotiating to buy this house im living at and this whole time its been under foreclosure..

What is my next move? Should i pay this guy next month?
The clerk told me if i wanted it would prob be a good time to buy it on a short sale.

Can someone give me some str8 answers here i need to know how long i have to stay here my girlfriend is about to give birth any day now, Do i have to move somewhere else this is a fairly large pill to swallow right now.

I called the owner and he says everything is cool that he is just doing a loan modification. What's going on? This guy owns a bunch of property's what is he up to?

I have some knowledge in shorts and foreclosures. Legally you are obligated to pay the owner for the time you are living in the home regardless if he is paying his mortgage or not. The agreement if there is one, is between you and the owner not you and his mortgage company.

If you decide you do not want to pay him that is your choice but rarely have I seen an owner that is not paying his mortgage take his tenant to court. Most of the time the landlord does not want to look ridiculous at court when the tenant tells the judge that he might pay for a month that he might not living in for the full 30 days.

My thoughts are that the owner is letting the house go and pocketing the rent to buy or use it for his own good. That is just my thought. From what I've seen in the past, loan modifications are gimmick that the government created to give home owners hope but rarely have I seen or heard of a successful loan mod that the owner was very satisfied or took because if was beneficial.

If you like the home and you qualify mortgage I would speak to the owner and get a realtor involve that is very knowledgeable in shortsales. It is very crucial how the offer gets submitted and if they do not know what they are doing you will lose the opportunity on purchasing the home and you'll have to move. If the realtor is educated he will be able to stop a foreclosure sale date and negotiate the sale and purchase for you and the landlord and you will be safe for the next two too three months if there is an active shortsale on the account.

If the house is already sold through foreclosure there might be a possibility the bank or the investor could pay you to move and to not destroy the home as you are moving out.

If you know the foreclosure date I would try to get an offer submitted at least a week before that day.

Your still liable to pay as others said. Contact bank and try to buy. Don't flip out on owner and burn a bridge because he can make the short sale go smooth or not.

No pay......Legal or not, is most likely the only thing that will get the scammers attention.
With the length of time it takes to affect an eviction, I'd bet the scammer will be more involved w/ the foreclosure than an eviction.

No pay......Legal or not, is most likely the only thing that will get the scammers attention.
With the length of time it takes to affect an eviction, I'd bet the scammer will be more involved w/ the foreclosure than an eviction.

x2 and if your interested in place get ahold of bank and see how far behind payments are

If the bank started the foreclosure process you need to deal with them. Chances are the owner owes tax $ on other assets and you can put a lien on his/her shit and foreclose on him yourself. Chances are he's been saving your rent and not paying the mortgage(s).

As a renter your only obligation is to agree to the terms of the lease then abide by them, along with the OWNER of the home. If the home has been foreclosed on you need to be presented with a NEW lease. I'm not an attorney and wont give you legal advice, it just seems obvious what you should do next month.