rented a G8 GT wow!

matt87

what a nice car. pontiac has finally done something right. a friend of mine works at a car rental place near an airport and they just got 9 of them in in time for the weekend. anyways we grabbed a red one with 43 miles on it. this car staightout hauls. mid 13's 361 hp for @ 30 k is a performance deal if you ask me. very comfortable to drive and the rear drive platform is superb. pontiac shouldve never wasted its time with the gto. if your looking for a 4 door sedan that hauls this is worth a look for sure.

Im going to be renting a car next week. Better put in my request. I've been kicking around the idea trading in my Grand Prix GT for one

This would make a nice driver.
I am too tempted, so I will not test drive one.

Unfortunatley the poor gas mileage is gonna take the shine of this apple a bit.

That's what made my Regal GS such a good DD. Plenty of power and nice economy and comfort. I'm afraid this would make the G8 another weekend machine if it were mine. But we are headin in the right direction!

Unfortunatley the poor gas mileage is gonna take the shine of this apple a bit.

That's what made my Regal GS such a good DD. Plenty of power and nice economy and comfort. I'm afraid this would make the G8 another weekend machine if it were mine. But we are headin in the right direction!

Haven't seen the advertised mileage, but it should be pretty good, it has displacement on demand (8-6-4 cylinder). My GTO gets 26-28 mpg on the highway, in town it sucks, but I hit a light every 400 feet here in lauderdale. I've talked to sever GTO guys and when their goat is in for service the loaner they get is a G6 and they all say the goat gets better milage than the G6.

Just checked the mileage, the 3.6L v-6 gets 17/25 the 6.0L gets 15/24. Not bad for a big v-8 if you ask me.

I bought one in April.They are not only sharp looking they handle like a dream and the gas mileage is good on the e-way as well with the 8 to 4 cylinder setup. Very nice ride also and for the price of around 31k very well equipped,how can you beat it? My 87 GN had a sticker price of almost 20k,So go figure with inflation over 21 years and all the goodies it has to offer!!

what i like is how deceptive its size is. it doesnt look like a 4100 lb car. i remember the old impy ss, those looked and handle like a barge. the g8 does not! it go around corners very well and the 6 spd auto is very slick. i want one but i 'd wait till the 402 hp gxp8 comes out later this year.

My friend who own's PCM's ForLess, NC bought one and with just a tune put down 317 HP to the wheels. He ran a 8.8 @ 82 MPH in the 1/8. He has now made a cold air kit for it and with some more tuining it has gone 8.5. His next project is cutouts as it has alot of junk in the exhaust system. The car leaves really soft and then moves out really well.

Jim

G8

The G8 GT is one heck of a car has a some good DNA and Racing heritage. Read somewhere they have the LS3 V8 which is the lowend engine you can get in the Vette...IMO is a better looking car and a better buy then the new Camaro... The Holden Commodore SS is an awesome car too the Zeta platform works as Holden does well Racing it down-under. Speed had a couple G8's they took around a test track, guest star 50cent was tromping on one. There maybe a 50cent edition G8:eek: Pontiac let him use a G8 and a G6 GXP in his new video Amusement Park.. It's awesome to see all the Pontiac powered Race cars in the Rolex , Lemans, NHRA, IHRA, SCCA, GTP, GTS etc,etc, Pontiac kind of took a back seat for awhile but are all over the place now. Holden has the Racing Lion and Pontiac has the Racing Tiger..The 2010 G8 Sport truck( Holden Ute) will be a real nice addition to there line hopefully gas prices won't keep it from going into production. My son wants a Ute SSV they are expensive in Australia told him he'll have to wait for a Pontiac SS Sport truck

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 589
  • 2008_pontiac_g8_20220384-E.jpg
    2008_pontiac_g8_20220384-E.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 580
  • img_HeronWhite.jpg
    img_HeronWhite.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 592
  • newEra_thumb.jpg
    newEra_thumb.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 594
I went to the dealership to look at these today.
They were out of the GT and said most were pre sold.
However I did sit in the standard model with the high feature v-6
and I was impressed with the overall fit and finish of the car.
I could sit in the back with the front seat all the way back.
I never thought I would be interested in a 4 door but this
seems a good compromise between and family car and hot rod.

Ok what colors do we like?
The black looks good, the orange is nice and I hate it on other cars,
the stealth blue metallic is my favorite.

I'm curious to see what the blue looks like, it looks like purple on pontiac's website.

I like my blue/blue pontiac

Attachments

• GTO-at-house-b.jpg
    GTO-at-house-b.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 505