Removing dash Cluster unplug boost & tach

dyermullet

I have my dash cluster loose but I am unable to remove it because of the wiring for the factory tach and boost gauge, it is soldered directly to the cluster. The wires run back into the dash but I cannot find a connector.

How do i disconnect that wiring?

Thanks

I found it, clear/white connector on the cluster side, black on the harness. It is a broad flat connector, you have to reach through the tiny hole on the right hand side unplug it and then fish it out.

Of all the times I've removed my cluster for things such as alky kit install, speedo cable lubing, etc, I never spent the time figuring this out. Thank you for posting.

On the same topic: Will unplugging the connector kill the signal input to the ECM or only the factory tachometer LED readout?

I attached some pictures in case someone finds this while searching for the same problem.

I was able to reach two fingers through the hole on the right, got the harness unclipped and untangled from itself, and then fished it around and through where the wire passed through. Now I will be able to just plug it in, then reach up from the backside and pull the slack back when installing.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    919 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    989.8 KB · Views: 109