red stuff on spark plugs

EyeTalk2Trees

before a had a huge problem and it tookforever to find, turns out my plugs got so carboned up they barely sparked. SO now I change them every few months. This time i noticed they were all the tips and inside insulator was red. I looked like someone had actualy spray painted them red. At first i though it was just seeing things and it was rust, it might be rust but its much brighter than rust. The only thing I can think of is I've been using 104+ octane booster the black bottle(i know it doens't really work, I have a case i got for free from a guy, so i put it in the tank with every fillup).

Has anyone ever heard of this. Now I'm scared, I do have a slow heating problem (on another post) maybe there is a water leak in the chamber. But the car hasn't never ran better and I'm not loosing water that i can tell. even at 15# there isn't any knock, and i'm using 91 octane.

The octane booster is causing the redness on the plugs.
Doesn't take long,why it's recommended not to use the stuff. HTH

104+ will do it everytime. My dad's car used to have orange plugs so I tried the 104 and I got them too. Nothing to worry about. You're much better off using xylene much cheaper and much higher octane.