Recommend a turbo and cam

lyonsd

Recently my turbo went out. It was the stock turbo, and the impeller broke off. Dumped oil out the exhaust. And my cam seized. No other damage to the engine.

The cam was a roller one size bigger than stock. I bought it from Full Throttle, and that's what I asked for when I ordered it. I think it was 206/206 - is that one size bigger than stock?

The engine is a stock block bored 0.40 over and stroker crank, JE pistons, etc.

Exhaust is stock, but with a THDP and electric cutout.

I have a Vigilante converter from Full Throttle. I think it's 2800 stall.

I'm looking for the biggest ball-bearing stock replacement turbo that's available. And by stock replacement, I mean one that will work with my current headers and down pipe.

And, of course, a cam that will work well on the street and let that turbo do it's thing.

I'd like the capability to get into the 10s. Yet work well on the street, if possible.

Thanks.

I have a very nice Te62 posted for sale. 1100 miles. Not BB, but it's a direct bolt on. No waterlines needed. I ran it with a 2800-3000 PTE lock up. Good for 10's
Less then half price of new BB unit
PM me for pics.

I would get in contact with a member on here Bison He builds camshafts and turbos. He is very knowledgeable and would get you the right matching cam and turbo. He's building me a turbo now. Just search member name Bison. Good luck with your build

x2 thats good advice....since you have the cubes and alot of good hardware in your build it has the potential to run low 10s or faster with the right cam, converter, turbo combo. but you will need more injector and fuel supply as well if you are going to push alot of boost to make the power its capabable of, the tune is soooo important on a motor like this as well...... depending on goals a turbo from a 6262 to a 6466 to a 6766 range would support 700 to 900 hp. converter choice for me would be a ptc 3200 at zero.....a cam in the 212 to 224 duration range and no more than 520 lift would make power and be streetable with those cubes with 112 to 114 lobe centerline angle, bison can certainly help spec a combo for your goals better than this once you really nail down your performance goal specifics

have to ask....how did you wind up running a stock turbo on a motor with all that hardware??? and how could you seize a roller cam?? and not do other damage internally??

oil pressure problems maybe?? seized a roller cam?? timing chain set cant be happy anymore, can it?? bearing material in oiling system and bearings?

I mainly only did major upgrades when something broke.

Up until recently, my turbo never broke.

Anyway, I'm going to start a new thread, because I may need a block.

If the front cam bearing has seized to the cam you can bore the block and use an early cam bearing in that location