rebuilt 700r4 pressures / TV adjustment

Warrant

sorry this gets long.

Im not sure if pressures should be in the same range as a 2004r. But they look good according to some of the charts Ive seen. Other charts for the 200 have pretty high pressures.

But do these look good?

TV attatched at idle:

P 100-115
R 175
N 100-115
4 110
3 110
2 210
1 210

NO TV (detached from carb bracket)

P 70-75
R 115-120
N 70-75
4 70-75
3 70-75
2 210
1 210

Full TV

P 180-215
R 255-265
N 190-210
4 210
3 210
2 210
1 210

Any slight forward movement of the TV cable does result in instant pressure increase on the guage.

Ive already driven it up the road and back a few times through 1-2-3 but not 4th. Other then shifting way to late. it seemed to shift fine. It bumps right into gear and reverse, manual shifting shifts right away.

Also I did give it some gas a few times maybe half throttle, and it felt like it was really slipping bad, But Im pretty sure it was the converter, since I just changed to a 9 inch 3000 stall. Is this how it would behave? Does the converter make it shift later?

One more thing -- I set the TV cable by looking at the valve with the pan off. Set it so at WOT the valve was all the way in. (But I noticed when set like that, at idle I could only see 3 of the ribs, not 4 like Ive read). First started and pressure was high (130-140) So I backed it off till it reads around 100 at idle, but now at WOT I can still pull the cable slightly more? (this is a V8 with a holley and it does have the geometry corrector bracket)

Other then that, Im I okay to drive it?

Thanks so much!

bump for christmas eve :)

Would like like to get it out on the road since its finally turnin into a nice day.

I read something that if I set the TV so the valve is fully depressed at WOT it will be right everytime, but what if I have to high of pressure at idle, is that ok?

Your pressures look OK.
You have too much idle pressure but drive it as is for now, you'll probably have a bit late and harsh shifts and possibly 2nd gear starts once the fluid gets warm.
You'll have to back it off just a bit but it is better to start with too much pressure than too little.

well drove it again

it has a major leak on the passenger side... and only when driving

it doesnt do it idle/reving while sitting.

I dont thinks its the pan or cooler lines, or dipstick tube

I think its the servo? it seem to be a relatively stong spray because it gets on the header and all over the floor board

I know I didnt forget the O ring, But we did reuse it (it was a new one but the cover had to be pulled out after it was intalled, so instead of cutting it we just used alot of force to pull it out, there was no visible or feelings of damage to it so we used it) maybe it was damaged?

I did a seach on leaking servo but nothing?

Has anyone seen a problem like this?