Rebuilding 84HA engine. Ideas??

if you need to nick @ arizonagn.com can set you up with the cam and stuff you need.

If you can get away with a light cylinder hone, then you are looking at a really good block. Sounds like you are getting all your ducks in a row, remember to get all the specs in order before assembly, this will make or break you so to speak.

J

I'm really pleased with how the block, crank and everything else looked. I got lucky I think. I'm getting antsy to get this thing back together, and I havent even started putting the shortblock back together yet!! This is my first TR and Im addicted already.

So far my plans are as follows:

-rebuild my bottom end to stock specs
-Comp Cams 206* .425 cam with matching valve springs
-gasket match intake and heads and smooth the runners and bowls
-hi volume oil pump
-double roller timing chain
-stock 87GN turbo (got my custom adapter made via a machininst friend who owed me a favor) :)
-hot wire fuel pump w/ adjustable FPR
-TT chip
-electric cooling fan retrofit
-Big Mouth CAI
-Walker mufflers with no cat conv.

Does this sound like an OK street setup? My little bro has a Mustang with one of those hellishly high winding 289's (mostly stock) in front of an automatic and 3.40 rear...I wanna shut him up real good...Will this do it? Is there anything anybody would do differently?

.........So far my plans are as follows:

...........-hi volume oil pump

Does this sound like an OK street setup?........

You asked, so here are my comments.

Forget the HV pump and just get new stock gears, and clean up the oil passages in front cover.

Remember, your engine originally used steel shim gaskets, if you use stock replacements, your compression ratio will be lowered - not the way you want to go. If compression is down, it will be a slug.:confused:

I would also "assume" your heads will get the full treatment - guides, PC-type seals, crack check, surfaced and a GOOD performance valve job.:)

also might want to check to see what backing plate is in the turbo before you waist all that money. you will need to have a carbon seal backing plate or it will blow oil due to the turbo being a draw threw setup on the hotair cars.

He's correct on the turbo, you need that dynamic seal in there for a hot air and not everyone can do this.

Ive heeded yall's advice on the turbo, and believe I have located a good HA turbo that they will swap me even for mine. Steel shim gaskets...already found them :) The heads are getting the works as we speak...I hope atleast because theyve had them for a week now. Thanks for the input. When i get this thing done, I'll buy yall some beer next time the BG meet is :cool:

I would listen to Nick's advice. He did my engine among other things and it's still going strong after several years of abuse.

Boost 231: you do need to get yourself to Bowling Green :smile:

i will if i can get my car in the 11.1 area so i can give jamie a run for her money