Rearend top ear bushing removal tool

I don't have the tool but just changed mine this weekend. Used some heat on the rear end "ear" and then used a very large socket with extension and heavy hammer. Some light tapping to get it broke loose and then drove it out to the edge of the ear. Finished the job with a hammer/chisel on the backside of the ear, using the bushing lip to drive it the rest of the way out. In doing my own local search for the tool, guys told me they use an air chisel to essentially cut the bushing out. I don't have access to that so did it the old fashioned way.

Simply reverse the process for installation of the new bushing. Heat the heck out of the ear and then use the right sized socket to drive in the new bushing.

I expect a lot of people wouldn't do it this way for fear of breaking an ear. Maybe I got lucky too.

I don't have the tool, but have used one before. Very easy with the tool, especially if the rear is still under the car. If you're contemplating doing the bushing change, bite the bullet and buy it. You can always sell it when you're finished and recoup some of your money, and the time/aggrevation saved is well worth the purchase price IMO

You can use a ball joint press if you want as well. You can usually get one under the loan tool programs and large chain auto stores and once you return it you get your money back.:)

And there is a reason for the cost.... they are worth it...:D
The tool is worth every penny,takes about 10 min to remove and install the bushings on each side. Once you buy it, you'll be glad you did, you can also rent it out and the tool would pay for itself. :)