Rear window exterior moulding.

mikec1969

Does anyone know if this black outside trim for the driver's 1/4 window is available? Also, how feasible is it to have the trim replaced without breaking the OEM window? My trim piece is warped at the top of the window on the driver's and I wonder if that was a factory issue. The passenger side is mint.

If your talking about the opera(sp?) side windows, I believe they are a 1 piece deal with the window. Shouldn't have a problem finding one in the parts 4 sale section.

Thanks for the response. Anyone have any experience changing these mouldings? I would definitely want to reuse my window it's original and mint.

Mike C.

Quarter glass

I do auto glass for a living. You cannot change the rubber molding around the quarter glasses. They are what is called encapsulated, meaning first the window is made then the molding is made right onto the glass, If you cut it off you have ruined the window. Now I have changed the metal insert before but that is not supposed to be done & doesn't sound like your problem. Find another quarter glass as was posted already.

I guess I would have to order the window specifically for A GN. The outside window trim is black, or would that be the same trim for all Regals? Thanks for all the help.

Quarter glass

You should be able to find one in the parts for sale section. Gn or regal with black out option. I called gm & they have discontinued them, I also checked with my supplier (I own a glass company) and if they can locate one my cost would be $540.00. They seem to get greedy sometimes on older rare parts so try to find a used one with black trim. If you cannot, get a chrome one (without vinyl top) and I will explain how you can change the metal insert.