rear wheel width

The 275's look great on a 10" rim.

Very Nice...:wink:

thanks for the good comments! :cool:

and
Hey Claude, are you running 4.5" backspace on those 15x10's?

Yes. :wink:

and
claude that car looks nice and thats the setup i am gonna run,but why is the front up so high?(no motor)
Yes, exactly. There was no motor in the car at the time that picture was taken... Here's a pic I just took a few minutes ago showing the car at it's normal height...

Claude. :smile:

Attachments

• DSCN1745.jpg
    DSCN1745.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 353
I will go against the grain here and say I never cared for the jacked-up 4x4 look required to clear big wheel/tire combos.

In my opinion, the GN's look much better with the rubber tucked up inside the wheel wells.

I've always had great luck with 15x7 rims and a 3.5" backspace using a 275/60-15 drag radial.

DSC078692.jpg

I will go against the grain here and say I never cared for the jacked-up 4x4 look required to clear big wheel/tire combos.

In my opinion, the GN's look much better with the rubber tucked up inside the wheel wells.

I've always had great luck with 15x7 rims and a 3.5" backspace using a 275/60-15 drag radial.

I hear ya. My 15x9's would still fit fine if I lowered my vehicle. It's the 15x10's that give the troubles.

Various i phone pics 017.jpg

15X10 Weld RodLites w/ 4.5 inch back spacing, MT DR's 275/60/15.

DSC078692.jpg

Awesome looking car and Killer Stance...

I agree 100%, I would rather see a little smaller tire that sits inside the wheel well lip and up in the wheel tub. The ideal rim width with an unnotched frame is 8" with an 4" backspace. You can get an 275/60 to fit really nice with the above wheel combination. With a full notched frame, a 10" wheel with the 275/60's will fit under the car with the correct backspace.

Here's a picture of my old set-up with a 8" wheel with a 4" backspace and 275/60's. I had the wheel well lips and moldings cut to clear the sidewalls and get the lowered stance.

07-10-08003.jpg

The stance and look of that bottom Gn is perfect..both look great including yullose's!

Awesome looking car and Killer Stance...

I agree 100%, I would rather see a little smaller tire that sits inside the wheel well lip and up in the wheel tub. The ideal rim width with an unnotched frame is 8" with an 4" backspace. You can get an 275/60 to fit really nice with the above wheel combination. With a full notched frame, a 10" wheel with the 275/60's will fit under the car with the correct backspace.

Here's a picture of my old set-up with a 8" wheel with a 4" backspace and 275/60's. I had the wheel well lips and moldings cut to clear the sidewalls and get the lowered stance.

07-10-08003.jpg

Here is another angle, and you can see how the tire doesn't stick out at all. If I were to lower the rear, it would still clear the lip without rolling.
IMG_1036s.jpg

Here's a better angle on mine.
I think the secret is to keep them centered under the wheelwell. A 15x7 with a 3.5"BS will work as good as a 15x8 with a 4"BS.

DSC076922.jpg

I'm running Eagle/Boss 338 wheels, 18" x 9.5" w. 4.5"bs wrapped in 285/35/18 Nitto 555r drag radials(26" tall). Car is dropped 1.5" with rear discs. They fill the wheel wells/tubs and have a solid 3/8" frame clearance both sides, I haven't rolled lips but no issues. I wanted to go with the 285/40/18 tire but when I mocked them up they hit frame rail where it flared around rear of tire .