Rear Springs

MyType

I'd like to replace my rear springs, what do you guys recommend?

Attachments

• Mtka drive in Curt small.jpg
    Mtka drive in Curt small.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 521
I'm running Autozones Duralast in the rears. {$55.00} They are working quite well.

I got Moog cargo springs for 66$ plus shipping Moog Chassis Parts AMGCC627 - Moog Cargo Control Coil Springs - Overview - SummitRacing.com also got these to go with it Energy Suspension 3-6108R - Energy Suspension Coil Spring Isolators and Isolator Sets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Depending if you want a more lower stance, you could also use these Eibach 3803-102 - Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I like my Cargo pro Springs, rear lifted a bit, car drove way better then stock springs IMO.

I have Moog cargo springs too, car rides way to hard. Just get good stock replacement springs, they have been into the nines and car rides normal.

I do have plans to replace mine. I hate them.

The Duralast are considered "stock" replacement. Along with new Bilstiens, car rides well.

What about moroso "trick" springs i have these got them brand new from a buddy of mine that was getting divorced and i was gonna install them anyone ever use them?

What about moroso "trick" springs i have these got them brand new from a buddy of mine that was getting divorced and i was gonna install them anyone ever use them?

late reply but, From what i read it's pretty basic, right rear spring is stiffer then the left(bumper view) Good for Drag and hard lanches. I'm not sure about daily, try them out let us know.

I say go for it, Again i was gonna go stock but cargo just made sense to me so :rolleyes:

1.pick any spring on the market as long as you like how it works for you.
2 Price is good
3. be your own boss
4. anything is better then a crapped out stock spring.

The Duralast are considered "stock" replacement. Along with new Bilstiens, car rides well.

I'd give a +1 on this statement. the Duralast stock replacement rears are the closest your going to get to stock original ride height......not too low....not too high. Just perfect!:biggrin:

I'm gonna through a wrench in here now. Take the car and have it scaled to find front to rear bias as well as side to side bias weights. This is with you in the car. This will give you a better idea of what weight springs need to go into the car. If you use a stock replacement spring then the car won't opperate at it's optimum. There's lots of springs out there and you can buy them individually but you need to have some idea of where the weight is sitting in the car.

I think I have Moog stock replacement springs in the rear, about 2 years old. The back seems to have settled or something, now the rear tires are rubbing on the fender if I hit a bump. I found a set of airbags on Amazon.com (I know, buy from a supporting vendor) for a real good price. What should I expect from the airbags? Can they lift the rear maybe an inch, and if they do, what does that do to ride quality?

I'm gonna through a wrench in here now. Take the car and have it scaled to find front to rear bias as well as side to side bias weights. This is with you in the car. This will give you a better idea of what weight springs need to go into the car. If you use a stock replacement spring then the car won't opperate at it's optimum. There's lots of springs out there and you can buy them individually but you need to have some idea of where the weight is sitting in the car.
;) Couldn't be better said!!

Scaling a car "The correct way" is benificial in many ways! and can help you solve problems you never even knew you had. Ask how I know... :biggrin:

Charlie, Let me quiz you once! "By knowing the front corner weights (example 965 & 997) what spring rate would you get according to those weights?" I know this but seeing if your on the same page as me..My guess is that you are!! ;)

SW.

I think I have Moog stock replacement springs in the rear, about 2 years old. The back seems to have settled or something, now the rear tires are rubbing on the fender if I hit a bump. I found a set of airbags on Amazon.com (I know, buy from a supporting vendor) for a real good price. What should I expect from the airbags? Can they lift the rear maybe an inch, and if they do, what does that do to ride quality?
The air bags WILL raise it an inch easy but will stiffen the ride quality up quite a bit.

I'd give a +1 on this statement. the Duralast stock replacement rears are the closest your going to get to stock original ride height......not too low....not too high. Just perfect!:biggrin:
You may get the same "Height" but what about the "Spring Rate" ??

Do you know the "Factory" spring rates for these cars? I see that is just as important as the height if not more..

Scot W.

I put the moog cargo in the rear on my t. Advance auto will match rockauto.com pricing for the same part numbers:biggrin:. That saves shipping and you don't have to wait (if advance has it in stock that is).

;) Couldn't be better said!!

Scaling a car "The correct way" is benificial in many ways! and can help you solve problems you never even knew you had. Ask how I know... :biggrin:

Charlie, Let me quiz you once! "By knowing the front corner weights (example 965 & 997) what spring rate would you get according to those weights?" I know this but seeing if your on the same page as me..My guess is that you are!! ;)

SW.

I started to reply last night but was so tired I was cross eyed. It depends entirely what you plan on doing with it Scott. The other factors aren't there for me to have a better idea of the rest of the car. A little more info is need for me to make a decent comment. What are the total weighs and percentages?

I started to reply last night but was so tired I was cross eyed. It depends entirely what you plan on doing with it Scott. The other factors aren't there for me to have a better idea of the rest of the car. A little more info is need for me to make a decent comment. What are the total weighs and percentages?
It was just a question BUD! Nothing for my car... :biggrin: ;)

Your right, There are a bunch more variables to answer first before coming to an exact spring rate.

I will PM you my total weights and pecentages with my old set up on the car and right away your going to notice how off two corners are in weight and I will be willing to bet it was because the old set up was putting a bind on the system and causing it to measure that way.

PM sent!

SW.

It was just a question BUD! Nothing for my car... :biggrin: ;)

Your right, There are a bunch more variables to answer first before coming to an exact spring rate.

I will PM you my total weights and pecentages with my old set up on the car and right away your going to notice how off two corners are in weight and I will be willing to bet it was because the old set up was putting a bind on the system and causing it to measure that way.

PM sent!

SW.

Well it was an interesting question and it was loaded after all Scott.:rolleyes::biggrin: LOL

I see that we do think alike in many respects. I replied to your PM with some things to look for.:smile: And some of the things I'm doing to mine as well.:biggrin: