Rear springs to compliment moog 5658's???

spoolinV6

I'm looking to drop the car a bit (for street use)....I've been searching through a bunch of threads and found the 5658's to be a pretty popular way to go for the front, but I never really found a straightforward answer for rears....if you dont mind, feel free to throw some pics up

Here is my car with 5658's upfront and 5413's in the rear.I am not to happy with the results up front.Might cut half coil off,not sure yet.

HREs005.jpg

i would have to agree. I personally love the bilsteins. I have tested with pretty much all the shocks from Monroes, Gabriels, KYB's, and Bilsteins. I actually really liked the Gabriels too. If you cant afford the Bilsteins, maybe try out a set of the Gabriels and see how you like them.

1-CLN-GN, have you maybe thought about upgrading to the Howes lower ball joints? They'll drop you another 7/8" if that might sit you where your goals are? Car looks great with the new wheels on there too by the way!!!

Is There Anything Out There That Is A Inch Lower Then The 5385's ?
Going On A 88 Ss Ford 9" Rear LIKE TO TUCK THE REARS SOME MORE

I think the only option to go even lower than the 5385's would be to do a coil over converstion on the rear.

I've left them alone for right now, hearing you talk about cutting them is a tempting idea, except removing the springs again is not a job I was looking forward to.

I've left them alone for right now, hearing you talk about cutting them is a tempting idea, except removing the springs again is not a job I was looking forward to.

Same here,thats why i haven't cut them yet.I was looking at Howe's ball joints but not sure if i want to spend $170 for a set of ball joints.When i can cut half a coil for free.But not sure what i will end up doing but it is coming down sooner or latter.

kirban 2 cents worth:

If money is not an issue Bilstein shocks are the best among performance cars owners. They also are credited with creating the gas shock originally.

I put them in every used vehicle I buy to keep since most owners never really replace shocks o their regular vehicles.

If shocks failed instantly people would change them out but since it happens gradually over a period of time it goes unnoticed.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned quite a number of them over the years

kirban 2 cents worth

You need to pay attention to what you do up front as a bad bump or going up a driveway on an angle may cause your tire to crack the inner plastic fender....and that passenger side is very hard to find today for these cars.

Not sure what size wheels and tires you are running but that can be an issue....if smooth roads is all that you drive on probably no issues.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

cops in my area would have a field day with your excessive window tint....

I'm running 235/60/15's all the way around and was wondering if I would have to deal w/ any rubbing if I went with the moog 5658 & 5413's?? You look like your running some pretty wide tires on those rims so I think I should be alright....