Rear main seal

I use this one and i don't use the side rubber pieces. I fill the sides with Permatex clear silicone RTV until it squeezes out from the gaps between the block and main cap then i incert a dampened pipe cleaner to ensure there are no air pockets and to help the silicone cure. When i'm done with the job i like to wait as long as possible before adding oil or starting the engine. For me it's usually a week since i don't have to drive the car,if you do have to drive the car plan ahead to give yourself a couple days down time.This is just what i do and i don't have any leaks.

Here it is,sorry i was cooking and had to check it.

http://www.autozone.com/internal-en...elpro-rear-main-seals/buick/regal/1987/6-cyli

Last edited:
You just have to love the internet. It acts just like a turbo regal sometimes it will breakdown without any notice whatsoever.lol

But we won't let that stop us. Here is the info for the Rubber seal.

Autozone
Felpro/rear main seal 2 pc rubber
part number: BS40613
price: $11.99

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415688730.898190.jpg

Where can I get bolt torque specs for this 109 block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know how to get a rope seal back in so I went with the neoprene seal. I did mine in the car on my back in the driveway. I did the side pieces as described above but I used a wet coat hanger bent straight to get any air bubbles out. I don't have a number as this was years ago. Surely any of our supporting vendors could hook you up.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would never use a rope seal when there are much better neoprene seals available.