rear main seal ?

6pack

T-Time
Would the flywheel be wet with oil if the rear main is leaking? What would be some other tale tale signs? I removed my oil pan last week to do the rear mail seal and noticed the fly wheel was dry and that all of the oil was on the sides of the oil pan and the engine crossmember if my memory serves me correct the crossover was even dry! :confused:

Originally posted by 6pack
Would the flywheel be wet with oil if the rear main is leaking? What would be some other tale tale signs? I removed my oil pan last week to do the rear mail seal and noticed the fly wheel was dry and that all of the oil was on the sides of the oil pan and the engine crossmember if my memory serves me correct the crossover was even dry! :confused:

Your rear main is not leaking. Leave it.

all of the oil was on the sides of the oil pan and the engine crossmember if my memory serves me correct the crossover was even dry!

Sounds to me something up front was leaking, front seal, oil pump, filter, cooler adapter, turbo oil feed line, oil sender,front of intake, etc..

Would the flywheel be wet with oil if the rear main is leaking?

I would think yes. Put a piece of cardboard under the flywheel and run it for a couple a 5-10 minuites, if you see spots slung in a right left line, your rear main is most likely leaking.

Hope that helps

Craig

Originally posted by b231v6
valve covers,valve covers. I'll bet money money on it.

valve covers are leaking took the ds header off today and there is wet oil on top of them