Rear end upgrade

USMC_Turbo6

I hope that I'm posting in the right spot. But at what power level do you want to upgrade the rear end. Meaning new posi, axles and gears?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'd say you are there....looking at your signature! Better now while all is well!
Conrad

Thanks guy will post a list of what I'm going with or thinking of going with.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hear is what I'm thinks for the rear end of my car, $1100 is my budget for parts.

Moser Engineering A103004 - Moser Engineering Replacement C-Clip Axles

Axles, Direct Fit, C-Clip, Rear, 1541H Steel, 30-Spline, Buick, 8.5 in., Pair

MSR-A103004

$259.97

Use your ring and pinion. Add C clip eliminators. I'm cutting my rear housing so none of the "bolt in" axles are on my list. I'm going to weld the Ford bearing ends on my housing, then I don't need the c clip eliminators. It's safer that way.
You don't need gears if you have the GM. They are pretty tough

Yep...30 is still a factory size...even though they are aftermarket make. It's your car, but keep in mind...IF that axle breaks...your quarter panel is gone!!! That axle will shoot out from under the car faster then you think. C clip eliminators prevent that. Use your gears...and spend the $$$ on them.

coach where is what I have now, is that right on what your saying?

Part #PriceQtyTotal

Moser Engineering A103004 - Moser Engineering Replacement C-Clip Axles

Axles, Direct Fit, C-Clip, Rear, 1541H Steel, 30-Spline, Buick, 8.5 in., Pair

MSR-A103004

$259.97

Your list was fine...I just said to use your gears and use that $$$ for the c clip eliminators. Have it set up by a good shop...and you should be good.

thanks took the gears off so I will be on point and saving some money thank for the help. An I'm getting ready for the next show in June, right now I'm 204 with 7.2% body fat.

Well be sure to look over your gears really well before you place your order. I would hate to have you order and then find out you have a chipped gear or other signs of damage. I'm only making recommendations. Your list is very similar to mine. Do you have the rear girdle?

Good luck on the show...

Yes, I have a girdle on the car now. Thank just have to get the legs dialed in by show time and I should be fine.

You don't want to diet for more then 16 weeks. Your body will not respond and may actually reverse and not cooperate at all toward the end.
Good luck

I broke stock gears at low 10's and broke a stock axle at 1.50 60fts and I'm way out of shape.

if you reuse your gears you will only be swapping the ring gear over to new carrier , you wont need the full install kit unless you are servicing the pinion bearings or pinion seal ,
you will need a carrier shim kit and its recommended to replace the ring gear bolts (use loctite)
if you are doing install you will need a dial indicator w mag base to set the backlash , they are inexpensive under 40.00

if going to 30 spline axles (stock is 28spline) you will need larger carrier side bearing for the carrier , stock carrier bearings wont fit so be sure to order the correct bearings.

if ordering strange eliminators i would recommend you get your axles from strange . the direct fit c-clip street axles should work with the smaller strange eliminator meant for stock axles but if you want 30 spline race axles (the track legal non c-clip ones with the moser insignia in the end) the larger diameter race axles from moser dont work with the large bore strange eliminators as the strange stuff has their own machined surface on the axle for an exterior seal in the eliminator that the moser axles don't

Last edited: