Rear end play selective washer

beckmanb

Can anyone help out. I am putting my 200-4r back together and when I measure the rear end play it is .039. I think it is because the new hardended sun shell is .030 thinner where the retaing ring goes on. My current selective is .130 so I need one about .030 thicker.Would any one have a green or black selective steel washer they would like to part with? Thanks in advance I have my fingers crossed.

If you use a nylon thrust on the rear center support/low reverse housing you can order a thicker one which i think is around .080 and usually black (stock is about .060?) but not quite sure since i rollerize all of them. Ive also used various thin bearing shims under bearings at times to get the clearance exactly where i want them and ive relieved areas in a lathe that were too tight to get a proper stack up when the correct selective wasnt available or i wanted to get it closer than the selective would allow.

Anyone able to help out? Or can I place a .030 spacer between the snap ring and the selective washer? nothing seems to turning there as the selective is fixed to the splines on the output shaft.. What are the consequences of having to much end play in the rear shaft assembly?

Thanks for the help