reapholstered drivers side GN seat

1987BuickGrandN

Can anyone provide a suggestion to having a drivers side grand national seat reapholstered. I've attached a picture of the damage. I'd like to have the whole seat redone if I cant find a resonable replacement. Has anyone had this done? If so, what are ballpark prices.
mdriverseat.jpg

thanks

You can get new seat covers from postons.The drivers seat in my GN was reupholstered by my father-in-law for the previous owner.Thats how I knew the car was for sale.I think you can only buy them in a set.Not for sure though.

Anyone got a hook for new seat cushions? i would hate to have my d/s redone as the cushions have gotten a little flat from the years. No it is not weight. 200/5 11. ;)

I just recieved mine for my GN. They are top notch. You wont find better.

Ive bought 2 sets in leather for both my GN and T Type.They fit great and are reasonably priced. You cant go wrong with Jax

I bought the upholstery from Postons about a year ago. I immediately returned it...didn't match the original at all. The gray was darker and had green in it. I don't want green. I will be hitting up Jax soon.

Thats weird.My drivers seat was covered with one from postons.As a matter of fact just the bottom cover was used,I still have the back cover in the trunk.It matches the original back on the drivers seat and the uncovered passenger seat.

I still don't like the way my jax Seat covers and headrests fit at all, headrest and seats are loose, but that could be the person who put them on. The carpet, well, lets just say thank god its black because it doesnt' fit at all.

I second that..

Anyone got a hook for new seat cushions? i would hate to have my d/s redone as the cushions have gotten a little flat from the years. No it is not weight. 200/5 11.

I would be interested in the seat cushions as well 200/6'2";)

Shaun

I don't think that there are any pre-fab seat cushions made for our cars. I suspect one goes to the car upholstery shop with the new fabric and they custom cut the cushion.

I just had all the fronts done on my GN's with Jax covers. While they are great matches for color and fabric and fit, there was one glaring issue the installer I had put them on pointed out to me :mad: (He's an expert that does all the classics in the area).

The sewing of the lines that produce the tucks in the grey material was horribly aligned :mad:

The spacing between them was uneven and on two of them they were offset from center by over an inch :mad:

The materials are great, but their seamstress sucks. :mad:

I bought a spare set of both upper and lowers years ago from Nick Micale. I had a person who's a total fruitcake (personality wise) check them out.....he knows these cars well and insists on perfection. He was very impressed with them.

I know Nick no longer sells them and I can't remember to whom he sold the material. It's one of the Buick vendors however and I think this vendor carried on with selling the covers.

Get in touch with Nick....hopefully the sun hasn't damaged his memory like it has his face. :D

1987BuickGrandN, I had a small hole in the black on the side alot smaller than yours. And the plastic piping was cracked. I went to a local upholstery shop that doesnt look like anything, he told me he couldn't guarente the material to match. Well he fixed the material and the piping and it looks great! Perfect match. So I would say any reputable shop should be able to fix that.

As far as my cushions go I would really like to get a new one also ( I'm pushing over 300 and 6' 5" :D ) Especially the side one ( black part of the seat that is against the door) The guy that fixed the seat put new padding in there but it's already going down. I love the GN Seats but for a big guy like me, they suck. I miss my bench seat, but then again I like the center counsel. If anyone has done anything to widen the seat bottoms a little bit let me know wnad send me some pics! Later guys..