reapholstered drivers side GN seat

Originally posted by njturbo
Seat Cushions Anyone:confused: :confused: :confused:

I can't remember if I seen it in a post or heard it directly from him at Bristol. Anyways, Alan Faircloth had said that they were working on a reproduction. I don't know what details are as where they stand with it now. But from the looks and qualitly of their other products it will be Top Notch. They also do the leather seat covers, I think it's called Alantia Buicks? He has a tread going on now about repo GN wheels, you may want to shot him a line, to see if they are ready yet.

I had brand new ones from GM in a box in the Garage, well one day we went out for the day, When we got home the Garage door was not closed all the way (i was sweating). This is a no bull**** story, My F..... dog ate them, Yes my brand new seat Cushions that i got from GM in 94. The only thing that was left was the sticker with the part number 20266274. There was cushion material everywhere, i could have killed that F..... dog that day.:mad: :mad: :mad:

f&^%ing dogs!

f&*&ing dogs! i have a personal fav interior shop, perhaps they could do a number on my drivers side seat. id really like to have it re-cushioned, that would make it all the nicer. the pass side seat seems to be alright. still firm. thanks for the additional info. if anyone else has anything to add please do! thanks again.

bryan

Seat Cushions and Leather

Originally posted by getchasum
I can't remember if I seen it in a post or heard it directly from him at Bristol. Anyways, Alan Faircloth had said that they were working on a reproduction. I don't know what details are as where they stand with it now. But from the looks and qualitly of their other products it will be Top Notch. They also do the leather seat covers, I think it's called Alantia Buicks? He has a tread going on now about repo GN wheels, you may want to shot him a line, to see if they are ready yet.

Scott,

That's right. However, Atlanta Buick is now CAR Motorsports. With regard to the seat cushions, we have located the original mold and tooling for the GN Seat Cushions and are awaiting pricing info from the original supplier, who is going to make these seat cushions for us. This info should be received shortly. At that point, we'll be able to tell everyone what the cost of reproduction (using original GM tooling) seat cushions will be.

As you state, we also do the leather. Actually, we offered the leather before Jax did. They were right next to us at the Nationals in Bowling Green the year we unveiled it (about 3 years ago). They had a white late 70 or early 80 Trans Am with them. Our leather covers come with a 3 year/36K mile warranty. We wanted the best seat covers period so we had the best aftermarket seat company on the market make them exclusively for us under contract. That company is Katzkin. Paul told me he knows a good bit about them as he sells lots of their other patterns and has done so for 8 years or so. Because of our exclusive arrangement with Katzkin, the leather covers that Jax makes are NOT the same leather covers that we sell. I think Paul told me he planned to handmake his own covers in his shop because Katzkin would not sell our covers to him. Please note that I am NOT saying that Jax covers aren't nice or good (I haven't even had the opportunity to really look at them), just that they are not the same ones that we sell. From what I hear, Jax Seat covers has nice stuff. I've sent many a person looking for cloth seat covers to Jax as we don't sell the cloth covers.

Hope this helps with Scott's post by providing a little more info on the seat cushions and the GN T-Type leather interiors. We're here to help so just give us a call.

Alan Faircloth

Alan I checked into your seatcovers,are they really 100% leather(including sides)as your website states??? As far as fit goes mine are perfect but the Auto Custom Carpet (ACC) didnt fit that well. That is no fault of Paul though as the carpet is dropped shipped from ACC which is a very well know manufacture of repro products. Also Paul is just a great guy to deal with,which makes it that much better for all.

Seats

Originally posted by drew sharpe
Alan I checked into your seatcovers,are they really 100% leather(including sides)as your website states??? As far as fit goes mine are perfect but the Auto Custom Carpet (ACC) didnt fit that well. That is no fault of Paul though as the carpet is dropped shipped from ACC which is a very well know manufacture of repro products. Also Paul is just a great guy to deal with,which makes it that much better for all.

Drew,

I looked on our site and could not find anything stating the kits are 100% leather. On the website, they are described as OEM content. OEM content means the seats are like the ones in most modern vehicles (with the exception of certain high dollar cars) meaning that the kits are about 70/30 leather/vinyl. We can have the kit made 100% leather but I would have to check on the price to see if there's an impact. Don't forget that the embroidery on the headrests is GM Licensed and included in the price as is the shipping.

I'm sure Paul is a great guy, but he's not the last and only great guy out there is he? I think that there's a lot of great guys out there.....including us. More great guys that are vendors means better products and service for everyone.

Alan

Anybody have a ballpark price??

I haven't yet looked at seat covers for replacement. However, my seats, both driver and passenger could use some touching up. I don't think the holes are as bad as the ones shown at the beginning of this thread, but it could definately be a winter project.

So does anybody have an idea of how much a repair like this would cost from a decent apholstery place??

Going to check out JAX website now to see what the covers look like.

Thanks.

cushions?

bringing this thread back after many years.....

Did anything ever become of re-production seat cushions???