Really Need Help, New to E85

Blown68

Hi Guys, I need a little bit of help choosing what pump or pumps when converting to E85. My main issue is sound. I know a weldon 2035 is the ticket but my car is pretty quiet and I do a lot of street driving. I would love to be able to get away with something quiet. Is there anything I can use in tank that will work?

Car dynoed 700rwhp at 30psi. I'm using Sunoco 104 with dual nozzle meth injection. All is good ,with the exception that here in Montreal that Sunoco fuel costs $20 a gallon. I just can't do it anymore. E85 is the way to go.

I have the racetronix double pumper which I bought about 3 years ago, 80lb injectors and stock lines which I will replace with new lines and 160 pounders. The engine is a girdled 233 cu.in TA S/E ported heads, solid roller cam and a 71 hpq Turbo . I would really appreciate any suggestions. Nick

Sounds like you have everything u need bud. I have the racestronix fuel line kit . Teflon lines -8 supply and a -6 return . The biggest thing is your tune . E85 loves timing . I have the intake walbro 430 I'm sure your double pumper will work well with your setup .

image.jpg
Similar combo. I've been using these with 160's.

So the racetronix double pumper should supply enough fuel. Worst case I can upgrade the pumps to the same ones you have BEATAV8? Have you ran you car at the track? If so how fast has it gone?

Sweet, is that something you made? If so, is there a thread about it?
Yeah made that hanger a few years ago. Had walbros on it for a while but the DW's are much stronger. All the wiring is racetronix stuff. The pump baseplate too.

I'm not even sure what pumps I have. If there are pumps that could accomodate my set up I would just buy them and change mine out. I wonder if two 465 walbro's could fit the hanger.

If you have their standard pumps, I wouldn't trust them. I've had two fail. The purple pumps are the way to go. I made 710RWHP on them with their -8,-6 line kit.

If you have their standard pumps, I wouldn't trust them. I've had two fail. The purple pumps are the way to go. I made 710RWHP on them with their -8,-6 line kit.

Well that sounds promising. Did you ever run the car with that tune?

Never down the track. With the racetronix 160's at 651hp 24# of boost, my duty cycle was only 48%

I wonder what would be better , the dw300's or the purple pumps? By the way what brand are the purple pumps?

I seen on Facebook, a malibu running drag week installed one of ricks tanks dual 450 senders in his stock g-body tank. Of course, a new flange had to be welded on to fit the larger sender. Im looking into this route this winter for mine since Im maxing my single 450 already and the e85 rated 450 pumps are more attractive to me than the walbro 255 based pumps.

I went on his site and lots of info on gas tanks but not much on hangers and dual pump systems. i guess I would have to give him a call. I wonder how his sender would fit on one of our tanks, with with the modified flange of course, but just the space between the tank and the trunk floor. He has really nice stuff, not cheap but you have to pay for quality. Its definitely another route to look into if the purple pumps or the dw300 would be too border line.

Check out restomodtanks.com

Look for the dynamic pump module. I don't know why they don't put all their product lines on their main page.

Wow... Now that would be interesting. More affordable that stainless. It would work great. I just didn't see any application for a g-body, I guess I could give them a call. I think twin 465's would be great. Maybe I'm just breaking my head for nothing, maybe the dw300's or the purple pumps are sufficient. I just don't know if they are border line. I wonder how much horsepower they can support on e-85 at say 30-32 psi boost. I know "jdpolzin" made just over 700 rwhp , it's just that are they at their limit or is there a little room to grow. I don't feel like doing this twice. At the same time I really want to stay away from an external pump, By the way thanks guys ... I'm starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel :)

The twin DW's can go well over 1000HP on E85. I imagine the purple pumps are right there with them.

Well, I guess there's no point in breaking my head over this. It will be either the purple pumps or the DW 300s. Is there any regulator that is more recommended for this then another?