Really Need Help, New to E85

Wow... Now that would be interesting. More affordable that stainless. It would work great. I just didn't see any application for a g-body, I guess I could give them a call. I think twin 465's would be great. Maybe I'm just breaking my head for nothing, maybe the dw300's or the purple pumps are sufficient. I just don't know if they are border line. I wonder how much horsepower they can support on e-85 at say 30-32 psi boost. I know "jdpolzin" made just over 700 rwhp , it's just that are they at their limit or is there a little room to grow. I don't feel like doing this twice. At the same time I really want to stay away from an external pump, By the way thanks guys ... I'm starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel :)

They don't make a g-body tank. You would have to weld in the pan they supply. Here's a pic of the pan welded into a g-body tank..

[/

Holy Catfish Batman....... When there's a will, there's a way. I love it. I know it's still two pumps and there's room for things to go wrong opposed to one big pump, but for me and the way my car is set up being relatively quiet and that I use it a lot on the street, this is definitely the way to go. I want to thank you guys all very much . Now I just have to decide which regulator and filters to use.

Have you tried getting a hold of the guys at restomodtanks yet? I've called a few times with no luck. It would be nice to know the pricing on that sending unit.

I Haven't tried yet. My car is put away for winter, i was going to start piecing things together after the holidays. Hope this is still available I'm counting on twin 465's .

Hi Guys, I need a little bit of help choosing what pump or pumps when converting to E85. My main issue is sound. I know a weldon 2035 is the ticket but my car is pretty quiet and I do a lot of street driving. I would love to be able to get away with something quiet. Is there anything I can use in tank that will work?

Car dynoed 700rwhp at 30psi. I'm using Sunoco 104 with dual nozzle meth injection. All is good ,with the exception that here in Montreal that Sunoco fuel costs $20 a gallon. I just can't do it anymore. E85 is the way to go.

I have the racetronix double pumper which I bought about 3 years ago, 80lb injectors and stock lines which I will replace with new lines and 160 pounders. The engine is a girdled 233 cu.in TA S/E ported heads, solid roller cam and a 71 hpq Turbo . I would really appreciate any suggestions. Nick

I have a Weldon 2035 with a 14000 controller on my car, 109 block, 6466 turbo, 160 lb injectors and E85. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal. Car is just a little louder as it is, I don't expect it to be as quiet as a Lexus but for me, I just took that little extra noise as what came with a car with that power. Wasn't too big a deal for me. I just like the Weldon pumps at that power, reliability and customer service second to none. Not saying others don't work but wanted to give you my experience with the setup you are contemplating.

These are the numbers I came up with for the DW's:

DW300 9-3015-1000 V2 (V2 has higher flow at higher pressure than the older V1 did)
2 pumps: 580LPH @ 70PSI and 13.5V. Supports 160lb/hr injector @ 100% with little or no margin. 1133HP @ .845 bsfc.
Add a volt booster and the margin will go up to about +20%.

I run mine with a volt booster and a fuel pressure transducer on the rail. Have run the 160's up into the 70% range with fuel pressure around 67psi and never seen seen any fuel pressure drop off or any indication of a fuel delivery issue.

I like the racetronix DP kit, just not a huge fan of running both pumps together through a single feed on the hanger. But it seems to work, there are a lot of those units out on the road.

I want to thank all of you for your input, it has cleared up lots of questions I had. I think for now with the 650 hp tune I going to run the racetronix double pumper I have. I'm going to run new bigger lines and 160 injectors. I dual fed my stock rail, I think I'll try it out but I will change it if it's recommended.

I run the big racetronix double pumper with two 340lph pumps, -8/-6 lines and the big Fram filter. Red Armstrong volt booster, 160lb injectors, acufab regulator, stock fuel rail. It's as quiet as stock and been 8.9x's and 148mph

You can't imagine how many times I've watched your videos, just love your car. The way it launches, the way it sounds, pretty much everything about it. :) When you talk about the 340lph pumps are yo referring to the purple pumps or to the walbro's?

The racetronix pumps included with the 680lph double pumper, they have purple caps on them.
20151108_182308.jpg

Ok perfect, Thanks. I'm pretty sure those are the pumps I have. I didn't actually see them myself. All the parts were brought to my friend at the time when he installed the new engine and he put them in. I bought these from racetronix about 4 years ago, they should be the same unless they were using different pumps at the time. I'll see when i take the tank down later this winter. I want to see the condition of it also. It looks great from the outside, I just want to make sure its fine inside to.

I run the big racetronix double pumper with two 340lph pumps, -8/-6 lines and the big Fram filter. Red Armstrong volt booster, 160lb injectors, acufab regulator, stock fuel rail. It's as quiet as stock and been 8.9x's and 148mph

This is on e85?

Racetronix has two different double pumper setups, one is 510lph and around $500 the one I have is 680lph and $800

I went on the racetronix site, its just about impossible to get in touch with them. No phone numbers, nothing.

ok...actually i just saw that i can submit questions by email. To bad can't speak to anybody live, but i'll try it out. Just trying to find out what i had ordered from them as far as pumps go. Car is in storage now, don't really have access to start taking the tank down.

Racetronix replied to my email and i have the 510lph unit. So two 255's is whats in there. I guess i'm going to have to step it up. Atleast I know.

Well they aren't making them anymore from what I've seen, so you could sell that one and buy the big one. Does yours have an fittings?