Re: Outlaw Pro Street

Let me know what happens.
1600hp... is the most I have ever heard out of an tt v-6.
I would love to see the dnyo sheet on that!!!

Email me if you get a chance.

Don't have any other links, but I was wrong about the hp, on the dyno it was 1200 at the rear wheels. It ran a 5.06 in the 8th on Friday.

Thanks for the response.
1600hp is not impossible but the best I have
heard that was dyno verified was 1575..
Duttweiler built that motor for Ron Luman
the man who bought his GN when he purchased
the OLDS. The car has been in the 7.5 @ 180 range
with a glide. Not sure what it has run this year.

John, from what I've heard Buddy Ingersol and Kenny Duttweiler have both run in the high 6's @200+mph with twin turbo Stage II V6 powered cars (Ken ran low 7's with the TR body and high 6's with the Olds body car) and Buddy ran high 6's with a TR body. Is it possible to run high 6's @200+mph with a car that's making only 1,500hp? I'm just curious cause I know the turbo mustangs that are running those times are making 2,000+hp and they weigh about 2800lbs if my memory serves me correct, so I guess the twin turbo V6 cars weigh around 2,500lbs or less to run those times???:confused: Please fill me in:)

Kennys car weighed about 2350-2400 lbs and it ran 6.8 @204.
Also I said the highest dyno #, Kenny has been know to run 40 to 45 psi at the track. Maybe the dyno was only 35 psi =)

Thanks for the info John!

I see what your saying. Kenny was willing to push the car harder at the track (40-45 psi like you mentioned) than on the dyno(35 psi) which is understandable. I figured the car was lighter than the mustangs, but when you think about it less cubes usually = more of the weight you're allowed to take away per NHRA rules for the classes like Pro Outlaw. Still amazes me (a V6 running 6's)!!!:D